Jordan Younger is the incredible woman behind The Balanced Blonde: Soul on Fire Podcast, thebalancedblonde.com, and @thebalancedblonde Instagram account. She formerly made media waves with her hit book, Breaking Vegan, and now inspires thousands with her Lyme disease journey and her SOS-free lifestyle. In this vulnerable, intimate episode, Jordan talks about:
- Her teeth extraction and how that led to her hitting rock bottom with her Lyme
- The terrifying night that almost landed her in the hospital
- Her decision to take a big chunk of time completely off from her business—and how she dealt with the fear that came with it
- Her childhood mold exposure and how it led to her succumbing to scarlet fever, pneumonia, and more
- How her chronic illness has impacted her relationship with her husband
- How to best communicate about chronic illness with a partner
- The treatments she’s tried for her Lyme disease (including how she decides what’s worth going for)
- The top 3 things that have made a difference in her overall health
- What her Ayahuasca journey was like, and whom she’d recommend it to & for what types of issues
- How she pays for all of her treatments
- The one practice that made the biggest difference in her acne and eczema
- The one practice that made the biggest difference in her anxiety and insomnia
- Why she thinks it was a “gift to get sick”
- And so much more!
Jordan and I did a podcast swap for this episode, so head over to The Balanced Blonde: Soul on Fire to listen to HER interview ME.
We’d both of course love to hear your thoughts and reactions to this episode, so please tag her (@thebalancedblonde) and me (@lizmoody) so we can continue the conversation over there.
PS: Healthier Together is officially a number one best-seller! You can get your copy on Amazon or at lizmoody.com/cookbook. Please keep sending me your creations on Instagram—they make me so happy!
I have a brand new sponsor for this week’s pod that I’m SO excited to share with you—Califia Farms. While they’re new to the pod, they’re not actually new to my life—I’ve been using Califia for years, and actually call them out as a brand I love in my cookbook. And now they’re part of the podcast fam, so welcome Califia! I’m a huge fan of all of Califia’s non-dairy products, but I especially love their non-dairy creamer (the one in the carton). I’m a huge fan of making caffeine-free lattes, with super weird flavors like Birthday Cake, Carrot Cake, and Churros, and I love using the Califia almondmilk creamer as the base for that, since it makes it super creamy and delicious. It’s also of course great in coffee or tea!
You can find Califia Farms in pretty much any grocery store, or you can get 20% off online orders at califiafarms.com using the code “healthiertogether20.” If you need help deciding what to buy, hit me up on Instagram—I have lots of thoughts! I can’t wait to hear what you think!
This episode is also sponsored by Simple Mills, a company that makes some of the best grain free snacks and baking mixes you can buy. On this week’s episode, I shared how much I love healthy donuts with their grain free vanilla cake and cupcake baking mix and healthy frostings, but honestly, you can’t go wrong with any of their products! You can get a whopping 20% off your order on SimpleMills.com by using the code “heathiertogether20” when you check out. You can also find Simple Mills at Publix and Whole Foods nationwide.
Healthier Together cover art by Zack. Healthier Together music by Alex Ruimy.