Today’s episode is all about giving you the science you need to make the changes that will make every facet of your life better, from your career to your workout routine to your relationships. My guest today is Dr. Katy Milkman, a behavioral scientist and Professor at The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania. Over the course of her career, she has worked with or advised dozens of organizations on how to encourage positive change, including Google, the White House, the U.S. Department of Defense, Walmart, and the American Red Cross. Her wonderful book, How to Change: The Science of Getting from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be, was named by the NYTimes as one of the eight best books for healthy living in 2021.
- the most common things people want to change in their life
- why laziness can be a huge benefit (and exactly how to harness it)
- an easy, science-backed trick for building habits
- the number one thing people get wrong when trying to build habits
- how to get PAID to work out (yes, really)
- research-backed tweaks to overcome procrastination and be more productive at work
- how to harness science-backed techniques to eat healthier
- how to figure out what you should actually change to get the life that you want
- the daily decisions that make up 40% of deaths in the US
- the best time to make a big change if you want it to stick
- how to use temptation bundling to make hard things a habit
- what science says about manifestation (it’ll surprise you!)
- specific action steps toward becoming more confident
- how to form an Advice Club and why it’ll change your life
- what to do when you try to make a change and fail
We would LOVE to hear from you any thoughts, reactions, or takeaways you have as you’re listening, so definitely screenshot and tag me @lizmoody and Katy (@katymilkman).
I would SO appreciate it if you shared this episode or any favorite episodes with someone you love in your life!
PS: My Patreon is live! You can join Green Smoothie Society and get access to ALL of my green smoothie recipes and advice! Get all the deets at patreon.com/lizmoody.
This episode is sponsored by AG1 by Athletic Greens. Visit athleticgreens.com/healthiertogether and get your FREE year supply of Vitamin D and 5 free travel packs today.
This episode is sponsored by Seed. You can get 15% off your first month’s supply of Seed’s DS-01™ Daily Synbiotic by going to https://seed.com/daily-synbiotic and using the code LIZMOODY.
This episode is sponsored by Paleovalley. Head over to paleovalley.com and use the code LIZM for 15% off.
Healthier Together cover art by Zack. Healthier Together music by Alex Ruimy.