You KNOW I love talking about taboo topics, and today might just be the most taboo of all—money. I’m so happy to welcome Tori Dulap from Her First 100K to the pod to get into the nitty gritty of personal finance. We get into:
- Her personal financial story
- The biggest money mistake people make
- Investing made super simple
- Whether or not buying a house is a good investment (and exactly how to best prepare to do so)
- What stocks she’s invested in, and how she decided on those
- If it’s okay to invest at a time when the market seems really high
- The number one thing people get wrong about earning their maximum potential
- Her 2 best salary negotiation tips
- How to get over the fear of asking for a raise
- Whether or not your career should be your passion + her thoughts on side hustles
- 3 super pragmatic tips for creating and sticking to a budget
- Advice for people dealing with money anxiety
- Thoughts on joint versus separate bank accounts
- How to pay off debt without feeling guilty about splurging (plus how MUCH you should be paying off each month)
- Her top 2 favorite credit cards
- And so much more!
I also wanted to include some of YOUR stories, so at both the beginning and the end of the episode, I’ll share your anonymous money confessions. I have more money confessions plus the money tips and tricks that have changed your life over on Instagram, so definitely check that out—I’m @lizmoody. And of course, Tori and I would both love to hear your feedback on this episode, anything you’ve learned, anything that comes up for you as you’re listening—I’d personally love to hear from other people with money anxiety or weird childhood money stories—so screenshot and tag me and her—she’s @herfirst100k.
PS: Have you snagged my Foodie preset pack? You can get all 8 presets, designed to make your food pics look as good as they taste, at lizmoody.com/presets.
This episode is sponsored by Seed, the makers of one of my all-time favorite supplements. Their Seed Daily Synbiotic is a game changer—it contains both pre- and probiotics, survives INTACT all the way into your gut, AND contains the most studied and powerful strains of probiotics out there. You can get 15% off of your first month’s supply of Seed’s Daily Synbiotic by going to seed.com and using the code LIZMOODY.
This episode is sponsored by Nuzest, one of my favorite protein powders. It’s 98% digestible (a rarity in the protein powder space) and—get this—it actually tastes good. I recommend the Digestive Support Line—they have a Probiotic Vanilla and a Probiotic Cacao. You can use the code “HealthierTogether20” for 20% off your order on Nuzest.us/healthiertogether.
Healthier Together cover art by Zack. Healthier Together music by Alex Ruimy.