Paulina Porizkova is one of the world’s most successful supermodels— she was first Central European woman to appear on the cover of the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue in 1984 at age 18, and has since graced the cover of Vogue, Elle, Cosmopolitan, Glamour, Harper’s Bazaar, and more. At one point she landed the highest paid modeling contract ever as the face of Estee Lauder, and she’s also modeled for brands like Chanel, Versace, and more. Paulina’s new book, No Filter: The Good, The Bad, and The Beautiful was just released this month. This is a super raw, vulnerable episode where we talk about: Paulina’s new book. On this episode, we talk about:
- her wild childhood rise to fame, including a kidnapping story and serving as the face of life behind the Iron Curtain
- how beauty and aging beliefs of the different countries she grew up in shaped her
- the honest pros and cons of fame
- the shocking news she received after the death of her husband of 33 years, and how she coped
- a life changing perspective shift about the relationship between beauty and aging
- how to navigate the difficult balance between society’s beauty standards and doing what makes you feel beautiful
- a genius tip for loving your body through age, childbirth, and other life changes
- how debilitating anxiety and major success can co-exist
- her daily routines to help with her anxiety (+ her experience taking anxiety medication)
- her biggest regrets + how she’s using them to shape the present
- and so much more!
To join the Healthier Together Podcast Club Facebook group, go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/healthiertogetherpodcast.
Get your Healthier Together Deck today at healthyconvo.co and use code LAUNCHDAY to get 10% off, just right now to celebrate launch.
This episode is sponsored by AG1 by Athletic Greens. Visit athleticgreens.com/healthiertogether and get your FREE year supply of Vitamin D and 5 free travel packs today.
Healthier Together cover art by Zack. Healthier Together music by Alex Ruimy.