I’m so excited to welcome Melissa Urban to the podcast. You’ve probably heard of Melissa as the co-founder of Whole30—she’s a six-time New York Times bestselling author, has a social media following of over 350,000 people, and her work has been featured by the New York Times, People, Wall Street Journal, Forbes, The Today Show, and more. Through the Whole30, Melissa found an avenue to empower people to set and hold boundaries, which led to her newest book—The Book of Boundaries: Set The Limits That Will Set You Free. On this episode, we talk about:
- why setting boundaries is important
- how to know exactly what boundaries to set
- exact scripts to set boundaries around: people commenting on your weigh or pushing you to drink alcohol or party, a boss who wants you to work all the time, a friend who wants you to spend a ton of money on her bachelorette or wedding
- how to overcome fear of confrontation
- Melissa’s top confidence tips
- quiet quitting
- how to deal when you disagree with other people on what boundaries need to be set
- how to show up to support other peoples’ boundaries better
- why it’s so important to set boundaries with yourself + exactly how to do it
- a science-backed secret to increasing willpower
- the number one thing people get wrong about setting boundaries
- and so much more!
We would LOVE to hear from you any thoughts, reactions, or takeaways you have as you’re listening, so definitely screenshot and tag me @lizmoody and Melissa @melissau on Instagram.
To join the Healthier Together Podcast Club Facebook group, go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/healthiertogetherpodcast.
This episode is sponsored by Seed. You can get 15% off your first month’s supply of Seed’s DS-01™ Daily Synbiotic by going to https://seed.com/daily-synbiotic and using the code LIZMOODY.
This episode is sponsored by AG1 by Athletic Greens. Visit athleticgreens.com/healthiertogether and get your FREE year supply of Vitamin D and 5 free travel packs today.
This episode is sponsored by Paleovalley. Head over to paleovalley.com and use the code LIZM for 15% off.