I’m so excited to welcome Vanessa Marin to the pod! Vanessa is a licensed psychotherapist with 20 years of experience in the sex therapy field. On this episode, we talk about:
- what a sex therapist is and exactly what they help with
- how to overcome shame around sex or types of sexual activities
- how to feel more confident (and body confident!!) during sex
- exactly how to navigate conversations about what you want sexually both early in a relationship and later down the line
- what to when your partner gets butt hurt by you sharing how you feel
- her best tips for keeping sex interesting in a long-term relationship
- the one sex position we all should be doing (but aren’t!)
- how to up-level oral sex
- how to not feel embarrassed about smells, looks, tastes, etc during oral sex
- what causes low libido (and exactly how to fix it)
- her surprising thoughts on scheduling sex
- a genius 5 minute, science-backed practice to fire up your libido
- one homework assignment we can all do to improve our sex lives TODAY
To celebrate this episode, Vanessa has kindly agreed to give three lucky winners one of her courses for FREE—you can peruse all of her offerings over at vmtherapy.com.To enter, just make sure you’re following both @lizmoody and @vanessamarintherapy on Instagram, and then comment under the post about this episode one thing that you loved or learned. You can also get a bonus entry for sharing the episode on your stories!
PS: My Patreon is live! You can join Green Smoothie Society and get access to ALL of my green smoothie recipes and advice! Get all the deets at patreon.com/lizmoody.
This episode is sponsored by Modern Sprout, a small, Chicago-based company that basically makes it super easy for you to bring more plants into your life. I highly recommend their hydroponic grow kits if you’re interested in adding some plants you can’t kill to your life! You can use code Liz21 for 15% off your order on modsprout.com.
This episode is sponsored by Dame Products, a female-owned, science-grounded line of products designed to make sex more enjoyable for peoeple with vulvas everywhere. I highly recommend the Arc, the Eva, the Pillo, and the lube. Visit www.dameproducts.com and use the code HEALTHIERTOGETHER at checkout for 15% off your purchase.
This episode is sponsored by Paleovalley, who make incredibly high quality supplements. If you’d like to check out their Turmeric Complex, Vitamin C, Neuroeffect, or any of Paleovalley’s other amazing products, head over to paleovalley.com and use the code LIZM for 15% off.
Healthier Together cover art by Zack. Healthier Together music by Alex Ruimy.