I’m so excited to welcome Dr. Rachel Zoffness to the podcast. Dr. Zoffness is a leading global pain expert who is working to revolutionize the way we understand and treat pain—she’s a pain and health psychologist, lecturer at Stanford University, and assistant clinical professor at the UCSF School of Medicine. She’s the author of The Pain Management Workbook and Chronic Pain and Illness Workbook for Teens, which are treatment guides for people living with pain. On this episode, we talk about:
- why a pain recipe revolutionizes how you deal with pain (+ how to figure out yours)
- the three hidden causes behind all types of pain
- why, from a neuroscience perspective, literally all pain can be lessened
- a guide to developing your own pain plan
- the three things that universally help reduce pain, regardless of what caused it
- the best diet to manage pain
- what causes chronic pain, and why it impacts some people more than other
- what to do today to avoid pain in the future if you aren’t experiencing it right now
- the relationship between trauma and pain
- the surprising way our genes impact how we feel pain
- the scientific reason why some people like pain in sexual situations
- how to activate your brain’s natural opioid system
- exactly when it makes sense to take pain killers
- a genius way to communicate your pain to other people in a way that they understand it
- if taking CBD for pain is actually doing anything
- and so much more!
To enter the giveaway to be one of the 15 winners of Rachel’s Pain Management Workbook, comment on my most recent post mentioning something you loved or learned from the episode, and follow me @lizmoody and Rachel @therealdoczoff on Instagram.
To join the Healthier Together Podcast Club Facebook group, go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/healthiertogetherpodcast.
This episode is sponsored by AG1 by Athletic Greens. Visit athleticgreens.com/healthiertogether and get your FREE year supply of Vitamin D and 5 free travel packs today.
This episode is sponsored by MUD/WTR. Go to mudwtr.com/lizm and use code LIZM for 15% off your order.
This episode is sponsored by Cymbiotika. Get 15% off using code LIZ at cymbiotika.com.
This episode is sponsored by Pique. Get 5% off plus a free blooming teas pouch complete with premium Pique samples when you purchase 2 or more cartons from piquetea.com/LIZMOODY and use code LIZMOODY.
Healthier Together cover art by Zack. Healthier Together music by Alex Ruimy.