Sleep tips for shift and night workers, and the impact of blue light, white noise, blackout curtains, weighted blankets, napping, and more on sleep.
- exactly what to do if you’re a “bad” sleeper (and why you shouldn’t freak out!)
- how genetics plays into sleep & how to become a “good” sleeper
- the truth about sleep trackers like Oura, FitBit, WHOOP, Eight Sleep, & more
- a simple explanation of the different types of sleep & their functions
- why sleep paralysis happens + how to minimize it
- lifestyle hacks for getting more deep sleep
- how to figure out your chronotype + optimize your sleep and life based on it
- 2 hacks for eliminating grogginess in the morning
- why you feel tired even after a great night’s sleep
- a genius technique to get back to sleep when you wake up in the middle of the night
- the 2 types of insomnia + how to address both
- the impact of blue light, CBD, THC, white noise, blackout curtains, weighted blankets, napping, & more on sleep
- how to get quality sleep if you’re a night shift worker or staying up with young children
- the best way to combat bedtime procrastination
- and so much more!
For more from Vanessa, find her at @nessyhill on Instagram or at www.nessyhill.com.
To join the Healthier Together Podcast Club Facebook group, go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/healthiertogetherpodcast.
Grab your Raunchier Together deck in time for Valentine’s Day by ordering before February 9th at healthyconvo.co and use code LOVE15 for 15% off any Healthy Convo Co games!
This episode is sponsored by:
Wild Health: go to wildhealth.com/liz or use code LIZ for 20% off.
Levels: sign up at levels.link/HEALTHIERTOGETHER to receive an additional two free months of your Levels membership.
Seed: go to seed.com/daily-synbiotic and use code LIZMOODY for 15% off your first month.
AG1 by Athletic Greens: visit athleticgreens.com/healthiertogether and get your FREE year supply of Vitamin D and 5 free travel packs today.
Healthier Together cover art by Zack. Healthier Together music by Alex Ruimy.