If you’re like me (really lazy) and didn’t plan anything for dinner, this recipe is for you. These Healthy Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps have been my go-to for a quick meal all year long.
They taste totally decadent despite containing all nourishing ingredients. The traditional mayo sauce is swapped for a super creamy tahini-based sauce that’s similar to the satay salad from my book—a little nutty, a little spicy, super savory, and incredibly delicious.
Time for the filling!
There are so many options when it comes to the filling for these Healthy Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps! You can either do chicken (I like to buy pre-cooked rotisserie because it’s easy), cauliflower, chickpeas, or a mix of all three.
If you’re looking to make the recipe vegan, you can substitute the honey for maple syrup and use one or both of the vegan filling options: cauliflower and chickpeas. Cauliflower is absolutely a power-packed veggie option. Aside from being a wonderful source of nutrients, cauliflower is high in fiber to aid in digestion and is an amazing source of antioxidants. Also a great source of vitamins and nutrients, chickpeas are very high in protein, making them an ideal meat replacement option.
After you choose and combine your filling, just top with some quick pickled cucumbers (yes, apple cider vinegar makes this possible), it looks SUPER fancy but takes literally 10 min to throw together.
Watch them being made!
Enjoy, and tag me if you make it on Instagram (@lizmoody)—I can’t wait to see!Print
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 cloves garlic, microplaned or minced
- 1 teaspoon microplaned or minced fresh ginger (can substitute ground ginger)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey (substitute maple syrup if vegan!) + more for cucumbers
- 4 cups total filling (use shredded cooked chicken, drained rinsed chickpeas, cauliflower florets roasted with olive oil and salt, or a mix of all 3!)
- 1 cucumber, peeled and cut into half-moons
- Apple cider vinegar
- Fine-grain sea salt
- 4–5 green onions, chopped
- Red pepper flakes
- Romaine leaves, to wrap
- In a large bowl, mix together tahini, soy sauce, lime juice, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, honey.
- Stir in filling until well coated.
- Add cucumbers to a bowl with a splash of ACV, a drizzle of honey, and a sprinkle of salt and toss to coat.
- Add filling to romaine leaves, then top with green onions, quick-pickled cucumbers, and red pepper flakes.
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Category: Dinner
Keywords: healthy chicken salad lettuce wraps, chicken salad lettuce wraps