Stress Expert Dr. Elissa Epel discusses stress’ biological impacts, how you can practice radical acceptance to better manage stressful situations, daily practices to increase happiness, hormesis & good stress, and more.
- Why we get stressed, from a biological perspective
- How to know when future planning is helping versus hurting you
- How to figure out exactly what’s in your control (& let go of what isn’t!)
- What radical acceptance is & how to practice it
- Why cortisol matters and what to do about it
- Tactics to increase your ability to respond well to future stress
- How stress impacts your microbiome (and vice versa)
- Small, daily practices to increase happiness in major ways
- How to deal with long term stress of situations like caregiving or climate changing
- The one thing to do today to decrease your stress levels, according to science
- What good stress is and how you can incorporate it into your daily life
- and so much more!
For more from Dr. Epel, you can find her on Instagram @elissa.epel and her website www.elissaepel.com. Her latest book, The Stress Prescription, can be purchased from multiple retailers and indie bookstores.
To join The Liz Moody Podcast Club Facebook group, go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/thelizmoodypodcast.
Ready to uplevel every part of your life? Order my new book 100 Ways to Change Your Life: The Science of Leveling Up Health, Happiness, Relationships & Success now!
This episode is sponsored by:
ZocDoc: go to ZocDoc.com/LizMoody and download the Zocdoc app for FREE and book a top-rated doctor today.
Seed: go to seed.com/lizmoody and use code LIZMOODY for 25% off your first month.
AG1: visit drinkag1.com/lizmoody and get your FREE year supply of Vitamin D and 5 free travel packs today.
Olive and June: visit oliveandjune.com/LIZMOODY for 20% off your first Mani System.
The Liz Moody Podcast cover art by Zack. The Liz Moody Podcast music by Alex Ruimy.
Formerly the Healthier Together Podcast.