This soup is SO versatile. You can use fresh corn! You can use frozen corn! You can leave out the cauliflower and hemp! You can keep them in! The best part? This Hot Honey, Corn and Jalapeño Soup just as good cold as it is hot.
If you’re looking for a 5-minute dinner that feels like summer, this is your jam. It’s the perfect balance of sweet and savory, with that decadent spicy hot honey drizzle on top.
The best type of honey is hot.
If you don’t have hot honey, first of all, what are you doing? Hot honey has been around for quite a few years now, rising quickly in popularity recently. It originally started out as a pizza condiment, but now it has so many amazing uses from cheese, bread, and eggs.
If you need a workaround, just use normal honey and a sprinkle of red pepper flakes, and you’re good!
Frozen is just as good as fresh. I’m serious.
I know how hard it is to keep fresh vegetables in your home! We all have that burst of energy while shopping for the week, and can be overzealous with recipes we plan to attempt! One of my BIGGEST pet peeves is wasted food.
Sometimes, opting for frozen vegetables vs. fresh can prove to be better for your budget and your conscience. Shockingly, nutrients tend to be very similar between fresh and frozen options, especially if the vegetables are blanched right before freezing. Next time you’re shopping for ingredients, be sure to keep this in mind!
Since it’s soup season, after you make this Hot Honey, Corn and Jalapeño Soup, you ABSOLUTELY need to try my Sweet & Sour Probiotic Soup and my Butternut Squash Apple Soup with Crispy Leeks!
Enjoy, and tag me if you make it on Instagram (@lizmoody)—I can’t wait to see!Print
5-Minute Hot Honey, Corn and Jalapeño Soup
- Yield: 2 Servings 1x
- 5 green onions, chopped (white and green parts only)
- 1 jalapeño, chopped (remove seeds and pith unless you love spice!)
- 2 cups corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 2 cups cauliflower florets, fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons hulled hemp hearts (just omit if you don’t have them)
- 1.5 cups veggie broth
- Fine-grain sea salt
- Avocado or olive oil
- Hot honey (If you don’t have any, use normal honey and add some red pepper flakes)
- In a skillet, cook green onion, corn, jalapeño, and cauliflower in a drizzle of olive oil with a generous pinch of salt over medium-high until brown.
- Remove about half the green onion, jalapeño, and corn and set aside.
- Add the broth to the pan with all of the cauliflower and the rest of the corn, jalapeño, and green onion mix.
- When the broth simmers, add it all to a blender with hemp hearts and blend till smooth.
- Divide into two bowls.
- Top with reserved corn mix and a drizzle of hot honey.
Keywords: corn and jalapeño soup, 5-minute hot honey, corn and jalapeño soup