Chocolate and lavender are one of my favorite flavor combinations, but I’ve mostly tasted it before in truffles (which I make sure to include regularly as part of my balanced diet 🙂 ). This Chocolate Lavender Chia Pudding recipe brings the decadence of dessert to breakfast – it’s so rich and creamy and decadent and dessert like that it’s insane that is passes as a morning food, but it does – it’s refined sugar free, gluten free, dairy free and packed with Omega-3s, protein and fiber.
The best part – you make the whole thing the night before, so in the morning, you can just grab it and go. This would also work wonderfully as a dessert – just blend it all together until smooth after the chia sets.Print
- 1.5 cups milk of choice (I used homemade coconut milk)
- 1 tbsp dried culinary lavender
- 4 Medjool dates, pitted and soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes (can substitute 2 tbsp of honey, agave, rice malt syrup, whatever)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- Generous pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- Bring to boil your milk of choice, then turn off heat
- Add lavender and let steep for 20 minutes
- Pour milk through fine-mesh strainer into blender.
- Blend lavender milk with dates (or sweetener of choice), vanilla, cacao, and sea salt until very very smooth, then mix with chia seeds in a jar or bowl.
- Cover, and put in fridge 4 hours or overnight, stirring after 1 hour to prevent clumps.
Serves 1, although you can double or triple the recipe and eat it throughout the week.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 25