Don’t tell my dad, but I’m actually not a huge fan of camping. I love the outdoors—but I’d rather take a long hike that ends in a hot shower and a comfy bed than have to wrestle a tent open. While I am a huge fan of a campfire, they’re in short supply at Airbnbs, hotels, and our tiny Brooklyn apartment—but these grain-free s’mores blondies let you have the full campfire experience, no wood required.
While these grain-free s’mores blondies look incredibly decadent and perhaps even difficult, let me assure you that they are not. In fact, you need just a few simple ingredients and basically no baking skills (I promise!) to create a recipe that will impress everyone you know. I love making these during the summer (they’re so good for cookouts and picnics!) and in cooler weather, when you can cozy up with them for the best hygge vibes.
What makes these blondies healthy?
Like many of my desserts, these blondies rely on whole food ingredients to create a sweet that doesn’t spike and crash your blood sugar (which leads to a chain of negative hormonal effects). These are rich in protein due to the almond flour and pasture-raised eggs. You can also make them even healthier by using the gut-healing marshmallows from my cookbook (or you can use any store-bought mallows!).
What makes something taste like graham cracker?
I’m honestly really proud of cracking the graham cracker code. There are two key ingredients that give graham crackers their distinct flavor—cinnamon and molasses. They both also offer distinct health benefits. Cinnamon is famous for its metabolism-supporting benefits, and blackstrap molasses is incredibly rich in minerals, especially iron. My friend Sarah from My New Roots has a great post detailing the many benefits of molasses, if you’d like to read more!
Enjoy, and tag me if you make it on Instagram (@lizmoody)—I can’t wait to see!Print
- 1 cup unsalted creamy almond butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup blackstrap molasses
- 2 pasture-raised eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/3 cups chopped dark chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups chopped marshmallows (I used the recipe from my book!)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, stir together the almond butter, maple syrup, molasses, eggs, vanilla, almond flour, salt, cinnamon, and baking soda until smooth.
- Stir in 1 cup of chocolate.
- Pour into a parchment-lined 9”x9” pan, and spread so it’s even.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the top is brown and the center isn’t jiggly.
- Top with remaining chocolate & marshmallows and broil until mallows are toasty & melted, about 3 minutes (but watch so it doesn’t burn!).
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: grain-free s’mores blondies, healthy s’mores blondies, healthy s’mores blondies recipe