On today’s episode—a shiny, fresh edition of our How I Learned to Love My Body series—I have on the incredibly charismatic Achieng Agutu. Achieng is the founder of No Ordinary Noire, where she helps hundreds of thousands of women tap into their most powerful selves. She’s also been the center of campaigns for companies like Valentino, and featured in online publications such as Vogue magazine. And let me tell you—her energy is CONTAGIOUS, and if this episode doesn’t leave a smile on your face, I don’t know what to tell you.
If you missed our first two episodes of this series, we had on the amazing Katie Sturino and a twofer with Raeann Langas and Kristina Zias, so definitely go check those out.
On this episode, we talk about:
- what going to fashion week is REALLY like behind the scenes
- how Achieng deals with imposter syndrome including the exact mantra she tells herself
- her tips for anyone who wants to live a life their parents might not understand or support
- what it was like moving from Kenya to Indiana
- how the ideal body type in Kenya differs from the US
- how she deals with people’s judgement about her body
- a life changing healthy eating secret from kenya
- how she finds fashion that makes her feel comfortable and confident in her body
- a brilliant, practical way of dealing with comparison
- what’s in her mental health toolkit
- her favorite journaling prompts for confidence
- her secret to being confident even if other people tell you shouldn’t be
Aa always, Achieng and I would LOVE to hear what’s resonating as you listen so tag me—I’m @lizmoody—and she’s @noordinarynoire.
PS: My Patreon is live! You can join Green Smoothie Society and get access to ALL of my green smoothie recipes and advice AND you can subscribe to A Very Moody Morning, my brand new morning show podcast, which drops once weekly and features casual, fun convo, super intimate Q&As, and more. Get all the deets at patreon.com/lizmoody.
This episode is sponsored by Nuzest, one of my favorite protein powders. Go to Nuzest.us/liz to get an amazing discount on your order.
This episode is sponsored by Athletic Greens, one of my favorite supplements. Visit athleticgreens.com/healthiertogether and get your FREE year supply of Vitamin D and 5 free travel packs today.
Healthier Together cover art by Zack. Healthier Together music by Alex Ruimy.