On today’s episode, I’m interviewing Amanda E. White and together we’re answering questions that all of you sent in about challenges you’ve run into with drinking less. Amanda is the author of the amazing book Not Drinking Tonight: A Guide to Creating a Sober Life You Love, which I highly recommend. She has hundreds of thousands of followers on her amazing Instagram account @therapyforwomen and she’s a licensed therapist and I can’t think of anyone better to answer your questions about sobriety and even just being more intentional with alcohol. On the episode we get into:
- what to do with friends instead of going to bars
- how to turn off your brain or chill out after work without booze
- what to do when others think you’re judging them for continuing to drink
- how to still have a ton of fun without alcohol + what to do if you miss feeling drunk
- how to deal with people’s questions about drinking, including the dreaded “are you pregnant?”
- the best recommendations for non-alcoholic drinks (+ how to order at bars!)
- how to address money issues around not drinking, including splitting tabs
- an exact script for what to say when people ask why you’re not drinking
- what to do if your partner or other loved ones drink
- how to get over the self-conscious feeling of going out or talking to strangers sober
- tips for dating while sober (+ one thing you should NEVER do)
- and so much more!
To join the Healthier Together Podcast Club Facebook group, go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/healthiertogetherpodcast.
This episode is sponsored by Levels. Sign up at levels.link/HEALTHIERTOGETHER to receive an additional two free months of your Levels membership.
This episode is sponsored by Seed. You can get 15% off your first month’s supply of Seed’s DS-01™ Daily Synbiotic by going to seed.com/daily-synbiotic and using the code LIZMOODY.
This episode is sponsored by AG1 by Athletic Greens. Visit athleticgreens.com/healthiertogether and get your FREE year supply of Vitamin D and 5 free travel packs today.
This episode is sponsored by Pique. Get 5% off plus a free blooming teas pouch complete with premium Pique samples when you purchase 2 or more cartons from piquetea.com/LIZMOODY and use code LIZMOODY.
Healthier Together cover art by Zack. Healthier Together music by Alex Ruimy.