I’m so excited to welcome Annie Murphy Paul to the podcast. Annie is an acclaimed science writer whose work has appeared in publications like the New York Times, the Boston Globe, Scientific American, Time Magazine, among many others. She’s a graduate of Yale University and the Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism, has served as a lecturer and advisor at Yale, and her TED Talk on what we learn before we’re born has been viewed by more than 2.8 million people. Annie. Her latest book, The Extended Mind, is AMAZING, and dives deeper into all of the things we talk about on this episode. On this episode, we talk about:
- why we’re setting students up to fail
- why you shouldn’t think of your brain as a muscle or a computer
- a trick to completely change how you experience stress, sadness, and anxiety
- one easy way to instantly think faster
- a practice to help you figure out exactly when you should trust your gut
- the workout that’s been shown to produce really high levels of creativity
- why you should lean into fidgeting
- the secret to massively increasing your memory
- the one thing we should do every day to recharge our brains
- how to set up your environment to make you think better
- a daily practice to “clean out” your mind so it can focus on important things
- and so much more!
We would LOVE to hear from you any thoughts, reactions, or takeaways you have as you’re listening, so definitely screenshot and tag me @lizmoody and Annie @anniemurphypaul on Instagram.
To join the Healthier Together Podcast Club Facebook group, go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/healthiertogetherpodcast.
Stock up on Healthy Convo Co decks now for the holidays at healthyconvo.co!
This episode is sponsored by Thrive Market. Go to thrivemarket.com/healthiertogether to join Thrive Market today and get $80 in free groceries.
This episode is sponsored by Levels. Sign up at levels.link/HEALTHIERTOGETHER to receive an additional two free months of your Levels membership.
This episode is sponsored by Wild Health. Go to wildhealth.com/liz or use code LIZ for 20% off.
This episode is sponsored by AG1 by Athletic Greens. Visit athleticgreens.com/healthiertogether and get your FREE year supply of Vitamin D and 5 free travel packs today.
Healthier Together cover art by Zack. Healthier Together music by Alex Ruimy.