I am so excited to welcome Dr. Whitney Bowe to the podcast. Dr. Bowe is a renowned New York based dermatologist., in addition to being a distinguished research scientist and a thought leader in her field. She’s the author of the best-selling book The Beauty of Dirty Skin, and has been featured as an expert by Good Morning America, The Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, Allure, InStyle, Vogue, and many, many more outlets. She’s also the founder of Dr Whitney Bowe Beauty, a unique skincare brand that was created to make skin glow from the outside in and inside out. On this episode, we talk about:
- her expert opinion on skincare trends including: slugging, red light therapy, collagen, face shaving, ice rolling, and more
- the best forms of exfoliation for different skin types and how often you should be doing it
- which skincare steps are optional and which are 100% necessary for everyone
- what skin cycling actually means and the best way to do it for your skin type
- the exact ingredients you should be looking for and avoiding in sunscreens
- why sunless tanner could be causing long term damage to your skin (and how to combat it)
- how much drinking a lot of water really make a difference in skin moisture
- why you should throw away your washcloth
- how to optimize your circadian rhythm for glowing skin
- the number one food you should be prioritizing in your diet for glowy skin
We would LOVE to hear your thoughts, reactions, or biggest takeaways from the episode as you’re listening, so definitely screenshot and tag me @lizmoody and Whitney @drwhitneybowe. if you’d like to get your hands on Dr. Bowe’s amazing Bowe Glowe microbiome nourishing cream AND her Bowe Growe Pomegranate Microbiome Water-Enhancing Elixir, you are in luck—Dr. Bowe has kindly agreed to give 3 winners a bundle with both products.
To enter, just make sure you’re following @lizmoody and @drwhitneybowebeauty on Instagram, and then comment on my most recent post what you loved or learned in this episode—the post doesn’t have to be about the episode, just mention Whitney so I know what you’re entering!!
This episode is sponsored by Thrive Market. Go to thrivemarket.com/healthiertogether to join Thrive Market today and get $80 in free groceries.
This episode is sponsored by Seed. You can get 15% off your first month’s supply of Seed’s DS-01™ Daily Synbiotic by going to https://seed.com/daily-synbiotic and using the code LIZMOODY.
This episode is sponsored by Paleovalley. Head over to paleovalley.com and use the code LIZM for 15% off.
Healthier Together cover art by Zack. Healthier Together music by Alex Ruimy.
You can find all of the products outlined in this blog post.