Carissa Stanton is a recipe developer, healthy living aficionado, and advocate for destigmatizing mental health. We sat down at her brand new apartment to have a super fun, girly chat, where we talk about:
- A crazy behind the scenes story about what it’s like to actually appear on The Bachelor—this had me dying laughing!!
- How she transitioned from her full time job to being self employed, including how much money she saved first and how she knew when it was the right time
- How meditation has helped change her life
- The mental trick that helped her change her cravings so she actually WANTS healthy food
- Her long journey to learning to love her body and not compare it to other people
- Her breakup with her fiance after six and a half years of being together, and how she actually convinced herself to go through with it
- Her two genius and super specific tips to move through the pain after her breakup
- Why she loves being single
- Her anxiety journey and how she combines Eastern and Western practices to go from extreme panic attacks to the thriving, happy life she has now
- Being “money driven” and how money actually works in the influencer world—with real, hard numbers!
You can find Carissa at broccyourbody.com and on Instagram @broccyourbody. We’d both of course love to hear your thoughts and reactions to this episode, so please tag her and me—I’m @lizmoody— so we can continue the conversation over there.
PS: The Actually Delicious 10-Day Detox is on sale for 30% off but only through the end of the month. Snag it here so you can do it whenever you want!
This episode is sponsored by Garden of Life, one of my all-time favorite brands. I LOVE putting their collagen in my smoothies (I use the unflavored one three or four times a week) and they just debuted chocolate and vanilla varieties that include a few other types of organic plant-based protein. By using these links, you help let Garden of Life know that you found them through this podcast, which I massively appreciate!
This episode is also sponsored by Simple Mills, a company that makes some of the best grain free snacks and baking mixes you can buy. On this week’s episode, I shared how much I love making quick weeknight dinners with their grain free pizza dough and how delicious their soft baked bars are, but honestly, you can’t go wrong with any of their products! You can get a whopping 20% off your order on SimpleMills.com by using the code “healthiertogether20” when you check out. You can also find Simple Mills at Publix and Whole Foods nationwide.
Healthier Together cover art by Zack. Healthier Together music by Alex Ruimy.