I’m SO excited about today’s episode, which is all about friendship. I think we spend a ton of time thinking about relationships and trying to be the best partner possible, and while that’s SO important, platonic friendships are ALSO incredibly important and really under-discussed.
This episode is a celebration of friendship, and also is jam-packed with advice ABOUT friendship, including Carissa Stanton (@broccyourbody) and Olivia Noceda (@olive.eeeats) on:
- the story of how their friendship began
- their best advice for making friends as an adult
- how to build the intimacy to turn a friendship into a BEST friendship
- why allowing for awkwardness is so important in building friendship
- how they’ve made their long distance friendship work
- how to get over hurt feelings when friends move
- how they deal with jealousy (over money, relationships, etc) in their friendship
- where they get their incredible confidence
- what they love most about each other
Plus, friendship coach Danielle Bayard Jackson (@friendforward) answers all of YOUR friendship Qs, including:
- the number one thing people do wrong in friendships
- exactly what to do with friends you disagree with (about COVID, politics, their choice of partner, etc)—and how to know when to cut things off
- how much your friends should be similar to you versus expanding your bubble
- how to diversify your friendship group—including Danielle’s secret tip for bringing more Black people into your friendship circle
- how to break up with a friend (including whether she recommends ghosting)
- an exact script for dealing with conflict with friends
- her best tips for making friends as an adult that aren’t lame (both virtually and in real life!)
- how to stay close to friends in different seasons of life (friends with kids versus none, or single versus married)
- what to do when you wish your partner had more friends
Finally, my own bestie, Gretchen Lidicker (@gretchen.amanda) joins me to chat about:
- our personal friendship story
- our secret to fast-forwarding intimacy in friendships
- how to deal with anxiety and chronic illnesses in friendships
- Gretchen’s genius tips for long distance relationships
- how to use a time audit to improve your friendships
- their best tips for making new friends, including what to actually do together
I can’t wait to hear your thoughts on the episode! Screenshot and tag me—I’m @lizmoody— and my guests and share your thoughts, feelings, and reactions. I’d also so love and appreciate it if you shared it with your own bestie!
PS: Have you snagged my Foodie preset pack? You can get all 8 presets, designed to make your food pics look as good as they taste, at lizmoody.com/presets.
PPS: Healthier Together is officially a number one best-seller! You can get your copy on Amazon or at lizmoody.com/cookbook. Please keep sending me your creations on Instagram—they make me so happy!
This episode is sponsored by Garden of Life, who just released their insanely delicious Apple Cider Vinegar gummies. I love how supportive they are of my immune system and gut health—if you snag a bottle using my link, it lets the brand know you found them through me, which I massively appreciate and it costs you nothing extra. Link: https://amzn.to/3tJ0iyj
This episode is sponsored by LifeSeasons, a company that makes amazing supplements for gut health, inflammation, immunity, and many, many more, including my beloved allergy blend. Go to https://shop.lifeseasons.com?current-token=P8gRvbln and use the code “healthiertogether” for 15% off your order.
Healthier Together cover art by Zack. Healthier Together music by Alex Ruimy.