My guest today is the incredible Glennon Doyle. Glennon is the author of the two number one NYTimes bestsellers, Love Warrior, and more recently, Untamed. She’s also the founder of Together Rising, an all-women led nonprofit organization that has raised over $25 Million for women, families and children in crisis. She lives in Florida with her wife who also just happens to be the Olympian soccer star Abby Wambach. On this episode, we talk about:
- How she deals with depression, anxiety, and “not losing her shit” daily
- How to find joy in a world that feels hard and scary
- How to show up for activism work without letting it drain you
- Why feeling depressed can be a GOOD thing
- Her Lyme disease journey (including bed ridden and taking 60-70 pills a day), and how it changed her life
- Practical tips to get in touch with your “knowing” or intuition—and how to differentiate it from the feelings anxiety produces
- Her thoughts on the concept of soulmates, and how to deal with the fear you might not meet yours
- Her best advice for new couples
- Her best advice for raising children
- The first step to take when you’re feeling stuck
- Her morning routine non-negotiables
You can find Glennon on Instagram at @glennondyole, and we’d both love to hear your reactions to this episode, so please screenshot and write any thoughts or questions that come up as you’re listening and tag us both (I’m @lizmoody).
This episode is sponsored by Kyoto Botanicals, the first CBD brand I’ve recommended on this podcast! They believe every ingredient matters and should contribute to your overall health, which is why they only use USDA certified organic oils to deliver flavor with benefits. Their products only have organic, single-source plant extracts, not lab developed flavors and colors, so you get whole plant benefits as nature intended. Finally, their hemp is grown according to strict organic and biodynamic standards, and they only use only organic coconut MCT oil as a carrier. I recommend all of their products, but especially their tinctures. You can get a whopping 25% off your order (AND they always have free shipping!) by using the code “HEALTHIERTOGETHER” at kyotobotanicals.com.
This episode is sponsored by Lifeway Foods, makers of America’s best-selling brand of kefir.
Kefir has 12 different strains of live and active cultures and 25-30 billion Colony Forming Units (CFU), while the average yogurt can have anywhere from 1 to 5 strains with 6 billion CFU. Plus, it’s also up to 99% lactose-free. Lifeway Kefir comes in all sorts of delicious flavors, and they even have a dairy-free Plantiful line. Go to lifewaykefir.com and click “where to buy” to find a store that carries Lifeway near you!
Healthier Together cover art by Zack. Healthier Together music by Alex Ruimy.