My guest today is Dr. Valerie Young, one of the world’s leading experts on imposter syndrome and the founder of the Imposter Syndrome Institute. She’s the author of the best-selling book, The Secret Thoughts of Successful Women: Why Capable People Suffer from Impostor Syndrome.
- what imposter syndrome actually is and how to know if you have it
- the hidden causes of imposter syndrome
- the types of people who are more vulnerable to imposter syndrome
- exactly how to get over the fear of people thinking you’re stupid or not liking you
- how to deal with criticism in a healthy way
- the REAL thing that holds us back from going after our dreams more than money or time
- how to get over fear of failure and actually take a big, scary leap in your life
- why perfectionism is not serving you and pragmatic tips to let go of it
- why your imposter syndrome is leading to procrastination (and how to stop!)
- one simple thing everyone can do to build confidence right now
- the one big mistake people make when trying to decide if a risk is worth taking
This episode is sponsored by Seed. You can get 15% off your first month’s supply of Seed’s DS-01™ Daily Synbiotic by going to https://seed.com/daily-synbiotic and using the code LIZMOODY.
This episode is sponsored by Paleovalley. Head over to paleovalley.com and use the code LIZM for 15% off.
This episode is sponsored by Wild Health. Get 20% off with code LIZ at wildhealth.com/liz.
Healthier Together cover art by Zack. Healthier Together music by Alex Ruimy.