On today’s episode, I sat down with one of my favorite guests ever, the amazing Ivirlei Brookes. Ivirlei is an actress and mindset mentor for creatives. Her company, Mavenelle, focuses on helping female creatives and entrepreneurs create a lifestyle around self mastery and wellness.
You may know her from her recent viral video, White Women Who Truly Want To Help: Here’s How, which has over 5 million views on Instagram, and was re-shared by pretty much every huge celeb, including Hailey Bieber, Lili Reinhart, and Ellen Pompeo. She’s also creating online workshops for Fall, and currently at work writing her first non-fiction book about shaping your own identity and removing limiting beliefs. In this episode, we talk about:
- what scripting is, and how it helps her create her dream life
- the morning routine that sets her day up for success
- an example of how manifestation actually had real results in her life
- the one quality all of the mega-famous people she’s met have in common
- how to overcome limitations from your childhood
- the genius, simple phrase she uses to get people to actually listen to her
- how to be a good friend, and to cultivate incredible, deep female friendships
- what her love language is, and how to use love languages to strengthen all of your relationships
- her advice to people frustrated by dating
- how being in a inter-racial relationship has impacted her, especially at this moment in time
- what white people get wrong about anti-racism work
- her advice for people trying to incorporate anti-racism into their businesses, from corporate life to food blogging or wellness coaching
- how to diversify your income without starting your own business
- how to know if you’d be a good entrepreneur, and what people get wrong when they’re first starting their business
- how she developed sexual and body confidence, and why that was so important to her thriving in other areas of her life
You can find Lauren on Instagram at @ivirlei, and we’d both love to hear your reactions to this episode, so please screenshot and write any thoughts or questions that come up as you’re listening and tag us both (I’m @lizmoody).
This episode is sponsored by Kyoto Botanicals, the first CBD brand I’ve recommended on this podcast! They believe every ingredient matters and should contribute to your overall health, which is why they only use USDA certified organic oils to deliver flavor with benefits. Their products only have organic, single-source plant extracts, not lab developed flavors and colors, so you get whole plant benefits as nature intended. Finally, their hemp is grown according to strict organic and biodynamic standards, and they only use only organic coconut MCT oil as a carrier. I recommend all of their products, but especially their tinctures. You can get a whopping 25% off your order (AND they always have free shipping!) by using the code “HEALTHIERTOGETHER” at kyotobotanicals.com.
This episode is also sponsored by Garden of Life, one of my all-time favorite brands. I focused on stress-relieving products in this episode, including their Mood Plus probiotic, which is formulated specifically to help with stress and anxiety, and their magnesium chelate, which I take nightly to help avoid constipation and help alleviate anxiety.
Healthier Together cover art by Zack Mitchell. Healthier Together music by Alex Ruimy.