My guest today is the amazing Logan Ury. Logan is a Harvard-educated behavioral scientist turned dating coach, and the Director of Relationship Science at the dating app Hinge, where she leads a research team dedicated to helping people find love. Her work has appeared in The New York Times, The Atlantic, GQ, Glamour, and on HBO and the BBC. She was a featured speaker at SXSW 2021, and her book, How Not To Die Alone, is absolutely phenomenal, a really science-backed, totally unique approach to dating, and is available wherever books are sold.
- science-backed tips for being attractive and desirable on a date
- how to be a great conversationalist (including the exact questions to ask)
- how to let go of expectations for the first date and enjoy yourself
- the one HUGE thing everyone does wrong on dates
- how to feel super confident (and not self-conscious) on dates
- how to design a perfect first date, according to behavioral science (including how long it should be, who should initiate, what you should do, and more)
- if playing games works, according to science (the answer will surprise you!)
- 3 tips for creating a perfect dating app profile
- what to do if you’re swiping and swiping and not finding anyone you like
- exactly what to do if you never feel a spark or connection on dates
- how to flirt better
- how to get over exhaustion and dating despair
- the one thing that sets successful daters apart from unsuccessful daters
- green flags and red flags to look for on early dates
- exactly how long to chat on app before meeting in person, according to research
- why she tells people to have a 2 date minimum
- how to increase your efficiency on apps so you can spend less time on them
- how to meet people in real life, if you don’t want to do apps
We would LOVE to hear from you any thoughts, reactions, or takeaways you have as you’re listening, so definitely screenshot and tag me @lizmoody and Logan (@loganury)! We’re also doing a huge giveaway on Instagram, including a private coaching session with Logan, so definitely head over so you don’t miss that!
I would SO appreciate it if you shared this episode or any favorite episodes with someone you love in your life!
PS: My Patreon is live! You can join Green Smoothie Society and get access to ALL of my green smoothie recipes and advice! Get all the deets at patreon.com/lizmoody.
This episode is sponsored by AG1 by Athletic Greens. Visit athleticgreens.com/healthiertogether and get your FREE year supply of Vitamin D and 5 free travel packs today.
This episode is sponsored by Seed. You can get 15% off your first month’s supply of Seed’s DS-01™ Daily Synbiotic by going to https://seed.com/daily-synbiotic and using the code LIZMOODY.
This episode is sponsored by Nuzest. You can use the code “LIZM” for 20% off your order on http://nuzest.us/liz.
This episode is sponsored by Canva, which makes it super easy for non-designers to make professional looking graphics. Find out more at canva.com.
Healthier Together cover art by Zack. Healthier Together music by Alex Ruimy.