I’m excited to welcome Britt Frank to the podcast. Britt is a licensed psychotherapist, teacher, speaker, and trauma specialist who is committed to dismantling the mental health myths that keep us feeling stuck and sick. Her latest book called The Science of Stuck is SO actionable and brilliant and is all about moving past what’s holding you back in life, love, and work. On this episode, we talk about:
- why & how she ended up in a cult
- reasons why procrastination can be a sign of unresolved trauma
- why you don’t need to deep dive into your childhood to resolve trauma
- the seven steps to move through trauma or feeling stuck in life
- a genius practice for figuring out what self-care will actually nourish you
- how to give yourself space to heal when the world is making demands of you
- steps for letting go of scary things that are out of your control
- a trick to figure out the exact first step to take, regardless of what area you’re stuck in
- how to move past the idea that you’ve wasted time being stuck
- the exact questions to ask to figure out if you should stay or go in a job, relationship, or city
- how to hack your vagus nerve to impact your mental health
- ways to take advantage of your neuropsychology to trick your brain into working out, finishing that work project, or doing other hard things
We would LOVE to hear from you any thoughts, reactions, or takeaways you have as you’re listening, so definitely screenshot and tag me @lizmoody and Britt @brittfrank! We’re also doing a giveaway on Instagram where 10 people can win a copy of her book The Science of Stuck—just make sure you’re following both of us and then comment on my most recent post one thing you loved or learned in this episode.
This episode is sponsored by BetterHelp. Go to betterhelp.com/healthiertogether to get 10% off your first month.
This episode is sponsored by Modern Fertility. Get $20 off your fertility test when you go to modernfertility.com/together.
This episode is sponsored by Frankie & Jo’s. Go to frankieandjos.com to order your box today.
Healthier Together cover art by Zack. Healthier Together music by Alex Ruimy.