My guest today is Dr. Becca Levy, whom Adam Grant calls “the world’s foremost expert on the psychology of aging.” She’s a Professor of Epidemiology at the Yale School of Public Health and Professor of Psychology at Yale University, and has authored pathfinding studies have changed the way we think about aging and received numerous awards. Her new book, Breaking the Age Code: How Your Beliefs About Aging Determine How Long and Well You Live, is available for pre-order now—it comes out on April 12 and will be available wherever books are sold!
- how your beliefs about aging can literally negatively impact cortisol and inflammation levels
- the single shift that can dramatically impact the genes that impact the expression of Alzheimer’s and dementia (even if you have the “riskier genes”)
- 3 tangible ways you can improve your beliefs around aging
- why the idea that memory gets worse as you get older is a myth (plus, simple ways to improve your memory!)
- how to change your beliefs around aging and your body even if you’re experiencing health problems or society is bombarding you with negative messaging
- the core reason WHY we have so many anti-aging beliefs (the answer will surprise you!)
- how different cultures around the world approach aging
- things that get better as you age, according to science
I would LOVE to hear from you any thoughts, reactions, or takeaways you have as you’re listening, so definitely screenshot and tag me @lizmoody on Instagram!
I would SO appreciate it if you shared this episode or any favorite episodes with someone you love in your life!
This episode is sponsored by Seed. You can get 15% off your first month’s supply of Seed’s DS-01™ Daily Synbiotic by going to https://seed.com/daily-synbiotic and using the code LIZMOODY.
This episode is sponsored by Thrive Market. Go to thrivemarket.com/healthiertogether to get 40% off your first order AND a FREE gift worth over $50!
This episode is sponsored by Dame. Visit www.dameproducts.com/healthiertogether and my 15% off discount will automatically be applied at checkout—you can use it on anything sitewide!
Healthier Together cover art by Zack. Healthier Together music by Alex Ruimy.