A psychiatrist’s best tips for implementing self care practices that actually work, figuring out what you value in life, and reclaiming a sense of agency.
- the four principles of real self care + why the self care you’re doing isn’t effective
- why your burn out fixes aren’t working + what to do instead
- how systemic societal issues issues get in the way of real self care (+ how to take care of yourself despite the broken systems)
- tips to stop focusing on pleasing the people around you, including family
- the one question that will help you figure out what your values are
- how to live more in line with your values, regardless of your life circumstances
- concrete tips for actually asking for help (+ how to know exactly when to do so)
- what “martyr mode” is and how to tell if you’re guilty of it
- how to stop letting perfectionism get in the way of your best life
- and so much more!
For more from Dr. Lakshmin, check out her new book Real Self Care: A Transformative Program for Redefining Wellness (Crystals, Cleanses, and Bubble Baths Not Included) and find her at www.poojalakshmin.com.
To enter the giveaway to win a copy of Real Self Care: A Transformative Program for Redefining Wellness (Crystals, Cleanses, and Bubble Baths Not Included), follow me @lizmoody and Dr. Lakshmin @poojalakshmin on Instagram and comment on a recent post of mine something you loved or learned from the episode!
To join the Healthier Together Podcast Club Facebook group, go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/healthiertogetherpodcast.
This episode is sponsored by:
AG1 by Athletic Greens: visit athleticgreens.com/healthiertogether and get your FREE year supply of Vitamin D and 5 free travel packs today.
Paleovalley: head over to paleovalley.com and use the code LIZM for 15% off.
LMNT: go to DrinkLMNT.com/Liz a to get a free LMNT sample pack with any order.
Healthier Together cover art by Zack. Healthier Together music by Alex Ruimy.