I’m so excited to welcome my personal dermatologist, Dr. Samantha Ellis, to the podcast. Dr. Ellis is a board-certified medical and cosmetic dermatologist. In addition to her private practice, she’s a Clinical Instructor of Dermatology at UC Davis, serves as a dermatology consultant for cosmetic companies, and has published multiple peer-reviewed journal articles and authored several medical textbook chapters on things like immunology, dermatologic surgery, cosmeceuticals, and skin aging. This episode is all about the secret things that people are doing to solve their skincare issues and gorgeous, glowing skin.
On this episode, we talk about:
- when you should go to a aesthetician or facialist versus a dermatologist for skin issues
- exactly what facials are effective for and when you shouldn’t waste your money
- what skincare issues can be solved with skincare and which skincare issues need treatments
- whether lasers, retinol, botox, and filler are actually safe or can have negative long term effects (and exactly how we know)
- her thoughts on at home treatments like light therapy, micro needling, and more
- the best treatment for sunspots, redness or rosacea, acne, acne scarring, crepe-y neck or chest skin, fine lines and wrinkles, and large pores
- the one treatment you should do for gorgeous, glowy skin
- the one super common type of filler Dr. Ellis thinks is dangerous
- the most transformative thing we can all for our skin at home
- a GENIUS tip to keep your hands looking amazing
To celebrate this episode, Dr. Ellis has very kindly agreed to offer a FREE virtual cosmetic skin consultation to one listener. You can talk to her about skin problems, and she can recommend topicals, treatments, and more for your specific skin and goals. To enter to win, just make sure you’re following @lizmoody and @drsamanthaellis on Instagram and then leave a comment on my in-feed about this episode saying one thing you learned after listening to the full episode. I’ll announce winners in my stories—good luck!
PS: My Patreon is live! You can join Green Smoothie Society and get access to ALL of my green smoothie recipes and advice! Get all the deets at patreon.com/lizmoody.
This episode is sponsored by Garden of Life, the only collagen I’ve trusted for years. To try it for yourself and let them know you found them through me, use this link to check it out (it won’t cost you anything extra): https://amzn.to/3hkzfnF
This episode is sponsored by Athletic Greens, one of my favorite supplements. Visit athleticgreens.com/healthiertogether and get your FREE year supply of Vitamin D and 5 free travel packs today.
This episode is sponsored by GoMacro, and you MUST try their Oatmeal Chocolate Chip bars. You can get a whopping 30% off your order of $50 or more PLUS free shipping by going to gomacro.com and using the code healthiertogether.
Healthier Together cover art by Zack. Healthier Together music by Alex Ruimy.