I’m excited to welcome Susan David, Ph.D. to the podcast. Susan is one of the world’s leading management thinkers, award-winning Harvard Medical School psychologist, host of the podcast Checking In with Susan David, and author of the #1 Wall Street Journal bestseller Emotional Agility: Get Unstuck, Embrace Change, and Thrive in Work and Life. Her TED Talk on emotional agility has been seen by more than 10 million people, making it one of the most popular talks of the year, and she frequently contributes to publications like the New York Times, the Washington Post, and the Wall Street Journal. On this episode, we talk about:
- a simple exercise to help when you feel stuck in a difficult emotion or experience
- a surprising way toxic positivity manifests (and how to avoid it)
- how to become emotionally resilient in the face of things that aren’t in your control (like a pandemic, politics, climate change, chronic illnesses, etc.)
- how to identify what YOUR values actually are (versus your parents’ or society’s values)
- how to make your life more aligned with your values
- why emotions like anger, loneliness, grief, and sadness can actually be beneficial
- research-based practices for navigating grief
- the first step to take if you’re feeling lonely
- a practice everyone can do today to become more courageous
- what to do if you feel like your dream life isn’t available to you
- and so much more!
We would LOVE to hear from you any thoughts, reactions, or takeaways you have as you’re listening, so definitely screenshot and tag me @lizmoody and Susan @susandavid_phd on Instagram.
To join the Healthier Together Podcast Club Facebook group, go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/healthiertogetherpodcast.
This episode is sponsored by Seed. You can get 15% off your first month’s supply of Seed’s DS-01™ Daily Synbiotic by going to https://seed.com/daily-synbiotic and using the code LIZMOODY.
This episode is sponsored by Paleovalley. Head over to paleovalley.com and use the code LIZM for 15% off.
This episode is sponsored by MUD/WTR. Go to mudwtr.com/lizm and use code LIZM for 15% off your order.
Healthier Together cover art by Zack. Healthier Together music by Alex Ruimy.