I’m such a birthday cake batter fiend—in college, I actually used to buy boxed vanilla cake mix, make it, and then never bake it, opting instead to eat it with a spoon. No, it wasn’t a cute look. Yes, I’ve since matured. Kind of.
This captures all of the wonder of a birthday cake but in a healthy, caffeine-optional latte. It also takes seconds to make, and you don’t need any fancy equipment—just a blender!
The secret to that birthday cake taste likes in 3 ingredients: the collagen creamer, which has a coconut milk powder that adds a powdery creaminess; the cacao butter, which adds a vanilla-like body; and a heaping dose of vanilla. If you don’t have all 3 of these, you can get away with some substitutions, but the result won’t be quite as birthday cake-esque.
I’ve been loving these fun lattes lately—if you want to check out my other takes, make sure you’re following me on Instagram, where I’ve shared a carrot cake latte and a churro latte.Print
Healthy Birthday Cake Latte
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 serving 1x
- 1 cup unsweetened almond, cashew or oat milk
- 1” square raw cacao butter
- 1 tablespoon cashew butter
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins vanilla collagen creamer (or sub normal collagen)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla powder or extract
- 1 tablespoon honey, or to taste
- a pinch of salt
- sprinkles (optional)
- Warm one cup of almond, cashew or oat milk until it almost boils.
- Add the cacao butter, cashew butter, collagen creamer, vanilla, honey, and salt.
- Transfer the mixture to a high-speed blender. Blend until creamy, then serve topped with sprinkles, if desired..
Zack does the whole caffeine thing, and he subbed half his milk for strongly brewed coffee and gave it two thumbs up!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 5
Love this! I’ve made it a couple times now and think it’s best with oat milk.