Holiday baking season has arrived and I couldn’t be happier. These Healthy Hot Chocolate Cookies taste so much better than a cup of hot cocoa (even though I do still love some on a super cold day, cue my Dairy Free Mexican Hot Chocolate).
The only downside to these cookies is that you’ll have to find another way to keep your hands warm—I believe in you (psst there are some amazing cozy options in my Best 2020 Healthier Gift Guide, like an amazing buttery soft kimono!).
The best part of the Healthy Hot Chocolate Cookies is the AMAZING texture!
These cookies are so chewy, and the marshmallow gives them heavenly crispy edges (bonus points when the marshmallow melts out a little and then you get a candied mallow crust!). They’re definitely a new favorite and the fact that they’re also grain free, dairy free and packed with protein makes them even better.
The dark chocolate chips and marshmallows are the star of this show when it comes to the chewy texture. You may be asking yourself: how can chocolate and marshmallows be part of a Healthy Hot Chocolate Cookie? Well, let me tell you. Dark chocolate has a lot of great health benefits, like being rich in antioxidants and aiding in the improvement of brain function. If you take my advice on the marshmallows and make my gut-healing recipe from Healthier Together, you can also decrease inflammation and help your digestive system—yes, all while eating cookies!
Here’s to wishing that holiday baking season never ended.
I hope you’re not sick of holiday baking, because these might be the best cookies I’ve ever made.
Definitely check out some more holiday baking recipes like these Healthy Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars and the Snow-Dusted Healthy Chocolate Peppermint Cupcakes!
Enjoy, and tag me if you make it on Instagram (@lizmoody)—I can’t wait to see!Print
Healthy Hot Chocolate Cookies (Grain Free, Dairy Free & Protein Packed)
- Yield: 14 Cookies 1x
- 1 large egg (a flax egg works too!)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup creamy unsalted almond or cashew butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 1/4 cup chopped dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup chopped marshmallows (you can use store bought, or the gut healing ones in Healthier Together!)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Stir together all ingredients except for chocolate chips and mallows until smooth, then mix in chips and marshmallows, leaving out a few of each. The batter will be thick!
- Scoop into balls the size of a cherry onto a parchment-lined pan; press those chocolate chips and marshmallows you left out onto the tops of cookies; this will make them look super pretty!
- Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from oven and use a spatula to re-shape any melted mallow so the cookies are circles again (this part turns into crispy edges that are SO good).
- Let cool on pan for 15 minutes (they firm up as they cool) and then enjoy!
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: Healthy Hot Chocolate Cookies, Hot Chocolate Cookies
I’m so happy to hear you love the recipe.