This Super Pretty Summer Pasta Salad will win you the most picnic compliments every time.
Yes, that’s the official name of this recipe, and yes, you need to call her that when you reference her. You can also make it ahead of time (just wait to add the herbs so they don’t get too wilty and sad).
Why is this pasta salad healthy?
Like most of my pasta dishes, it inverts the traditional ration of pasta to produce so you’re getting way more plants in every bite. Plus, cooked cooled pasta has resistant starch, which is an incredible food for your microbiome AND amazing for your blood sugar.
Keeping your blood sugar well-maintained is really important for your overall health and especially your day-to-day energy levels and mood!
This Super Pretty Summer Pasta Salad is also SUPER Flexible.
I love this combo (the savory pistachios + sweet tomatoes and strawberries + bright herbs = chefs kiss) but if you have some corn, use that. No strawberries? Pop in more tomatoes. The world is your pasta oyster.
HOT TIP! Always, always make your pasta in well-salted water (like a small palmful of salt!) but especially in this recipe. Well-seasoned pasta is a game-changer, promise.
Enjoy, and tag me if you make it on Instagram (@lizmoody)—I can’t wait to see!Print
- 3 cups pasta, cooked in well-salted water
- 3 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 3 cups sliced strawberries
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes
- 3 cups torn fresh basil or mint leaves
- 1 1/2 cups raw, shelled pistachios, chopped as finely as possible
- Fine-grain sea salt
- Juice of 1 lime
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Drain and rinse your pasta under cold water (yes, I’m letting you RINSE YOUR PASTA. Just this one time though. Enjoy it!).
- Add to a bowl and toss with peas, strawberries, tomatoes, herbs (unless you’re making ahead and then add them later), and pistachios.
- Add a generous amount of salt and toss to coat.
- Add lime juice and enough olive oil to just coat and toss again!
- Finish with black pepper and chill in the fridge before serving.
Keywords: super pretty summer pasta salad, summer pasta salad recipe