You. Your honey. The best Valentine’s Day mocktail recipe on the internet that’s ALSO an aphrodisiac. Celebrating Valentine’s Day by staying home just became the most flirty (and most delicious) date night in. And you’ll NEVER guess what this dairy-free pink foam is made from!
This creamy strawberry mocktail, with it’s mysteriously sexy, foamy garnish, is designed to A) turn you on and B) make you and your partner feel amazing! It’s packed with antioxidant-rich, anti-inflammatory, and blood sugar-balancing ingredients like cinnamon and aquafaba (the liquid from a can of chickpeas), plus hibiscus tea to make your skin glow and a boost of digestive benefits from apple cider vinegar. It takes just 5 minutes to whip up, and if you feel like drinking alcohol, just add vodka to make it a healthy Valentine’s Day aphrodisiac cocktail.
What makes this Creamy Strawberry Cinnamon Mocktail an aphrodisiac?
When I sat down with sex expert, Vanessa Marin, for a NSFW Q&A on the Healthier Together Podcast, I had no idea how much you all would LOVE getting into the nitty gritty of sex! So I knew a gorgeous drink for this topic’s national holiday was a MUST. While the research-backed qualifications of what makes something an aphrodisiac is largely unproven, I used functional ingredients that some theories say would qualify this pink drink as an aphrodisiac.
- Cinnamon: A warming spice. I opt for organic, ground Ceylon cinnamon!
- Aquafaba: An unfamiliar, creamy ingredient that stimulates the senses
- Frozen strawberries: An ingredient that offers a sweet aroma, which these berries do when heated and muddled
- Less alcohol! Alcohol is a depressant, so mocktails are perfect for a night of passion! Add a splash of vodka if you want though!
What makes this pink drink a functional mocktail?
As I was creating the next recipe in my Digestive Mocktail Series following the Chai Spiced Orange Mocktail and Cranberry Rosemary Mocktail, I thought: why stop at gut health when we can make our skin glow, get super turned on, and so much more? Enter: the newly-rebranded Functional Mocktail Series where we use functional foods to boost our health (in a super cute, instagrammable drink!).
It’s rich in antioxidants: hibiscus flower is shown in studies to fight free radical damage, protect us from toxins, and promote weight loss.
It aids in disease prevention: Hibiscus tea has also been introduced in cancer research to have anticancer and antitumor effects.
It’s blood-sugar friendly: apple cider vinegar is heavily researched for its blood sugar balancing benefits. Ever since my podcast episode on how to hack your blood sugar, we’ve all been obsessed with using these genius tips for weight loss, hormone balance, and glowing skin.
It’s digestion-boosting: apple cider vinegar is great for the gut. It’s full of probiotics and has been shown in research to promote weight loss. If you’ve tried my Cinnamon Apple Cider Gut Tonic, you’ll know exactly how big of a difference it makes!
It’s naturally mood-boosting: hibiscus is also a natural anti-depressant! The flower’s natural bioflavanoids have been studied to provide antidepressant-like effects without bringing on sleepiness.
Everything you’ll need to make this Creamy Strawberry Cinnamon Mocktail
You’re going to be obsessed with how fast and easy this strawberry mocktail is to make. Beyond its’ amazing health benefits and delicious flavor, it’s dairy-free, vegan, and totally ‘gram-worthy (tag me @lizmoody when you post yours!) By using aquafaba in place of milk or egg in our mocktail, we get the same frothy egg white effect you’d find at a fancy cocktail bar. Hot tip: once you strain the aquafaba, make these BBQ, Za’atar, or Sweet Chili Crispy Roasted Chickpeas as a snack!
Here are the 6 ingredients you’ll need to make these Valentine’s Day mocktails:
- Hbiscus tea bags
- Raw honey
- Ground cinnamon
- Frozen strawberries
- Apple cider vinegar
- Aquafaba (from 1 can of chickpeas)
How to make ahead and store your Valentine’s Day Mocktail
To make this mocktail ahead of time:
Follow all instructions except adding the aquafaba. Only add it in and shake it up just before serving.
To store this mocktail:
Once prepared, this drink can be stored the in refrigerator for up to 3 days in a tall sealed container, like a mason jar.
More healthy Valentine’s Day Recipes for two
Caramelized Cauliflower Alfredo Pasta with Garlicky Breadcrumbs
Roasted Vegetable Sheet Pan Salad
Roasted Garlic and Red Pepper Pasta
I hope you love this Creamy Strawberry Cinnamon Aphrodisiac Mocktail! Enjoy, and tag me if you make it on Instagram (@lizmoody)—I can’t wait to see!Print
Creamy Strawberry Cinnamon Aphrodisiac Mocktail (dairy-free, refined sugar free)
- 1.5 cups water
- 2 hibiscus tea bags
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons aquafaba from 1 can of chickpeas
- 1.5 ounces of vodka, if desired
- Boil the water and steep the hibiscus tea bags. Place a lid over it, and let it steep for 10 minutes, then remove tea bags.
- Stir the honey into the tea, then transfer it to the freezer to quick chill.
- In a medium-size bowl, add the frozen strawberries and cinnamon and microwave in 30-second increments, using a muddler or wooden spoon between intervals to soften the strawberries, until it’s a fruit puree (1-2 minutes total).
- Take the tea from the freezer and add it into the strawberry-cinnamon mixture. Stir in the apple cider vinegar, and then use a fine mesh strainer to get just the liquid.
- Put the strained strawberry tea mixture back in the fridge or freezer until it’s cold, then pour it into a jar with a lid.
- Add the aquafaba to the jar, put the lid on, and shake it until it’s foamy. Divide the drink between two glasses by pouring a little into one glass, then a little into the other glass, going back and forth so the foam distributes evenly.
- Garnish with a thinly-cut strawberry slice, if desired.