This vegan buffalo cauliflower pizza is made with an almond flour pizza crust, your favorite buffalo sauce and a boost of veggies from roasted cauliflower. This easy buffalo cauliflower vegan pizza recipe is perfect for busy (or lazy) days with a quick homemade dairy free ranch that will be a family favorite for healthy dinner ideas and weekend get togethers.
Is anyone else in this constant predicament where you want to eat nutritious, veggie-packed recipes that will ease anxiety and make our skin glow. But you just like…don’t wanna work for ’em, ya know? My body is like “please, please, you cannot live on chocolate lava cookies alone.” So, that’s when I make THIS healthy pizza recipe that’s grain free, vegan, and so fast to make.
What makes cauliflower pizza healthy?
When you add roasted cauliflower to your homemade pizza, you ALSO add amazing health benefits. Here are a few great reasons to eat more cauliflower, especially on pizza night:
- It’s anti-inflammatory and protects you from chronic disease. Cauliflower is loaded with antioxidants that are proven to help prevent inflammation in the body and brain. Research shows that when you have lower inflammation, you have a lower risk of developing chronic diseases like heart disease, stroke, diabetes, and neurological diseases.
- It aids in digestion, detoxification, and weight loss. Cauliflower is shown to help release detoxifying enzymes in the body and maintain the balance of good bacteria in the gut. It’s also a high fiber vegetable, which research shows aids in weight loss by keeping you regular and making you feel full.
- It balances hormones. Cauliflower is researched for its ability to help keep estrogen levels balanced.
Want to know more on how all of that impacts your daily wellbeing? I’ve got you covered. Listen to this podcast episode to learn more about overcoming chronic illness, this one to dive deep into the future of gut health, and this one to learn how to balance your hormones with food.
Ingredients in Easy Buffalo Cauliflower Pizza
For the pizza:
- 1 box of your favorite pizza dough mix (I love Simple Mills almond flour mix)
- 1 head of cauliflower
- Avocado oil
- 1/4 cup + more of your favorite buffalo sauce (I love Primal Kitchen)
- Sliced green onions
For the dairy free ranch:
- Unsweetened, plain dairy free yogurt of choice (I love Forager Project)
- Seasonings: garlic powder, onion powder, fine grain sea salt, and ground black pepper
- Fresh herbs: dill and chives make this vegan ranch, but feel free to use dried if that’s what’s on hand!
Customize this vegan pizza recipe
Looking to get creative on pizza night? Here’s some ideas to make this buffalo cauliflower pizza your own:
- Make it a high-protein buffalo chicken pizza by topping it with shredded rotisserie chicken tossed in buffalo sauce
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella vegan cheese underneath the cauliflower before baking
- Add flavorful toppings like thinly sliced red onion and bleu cheese crumbles
How to make buffalo cauliflower pizza
- Make your buffalo cauliflower. Break a head of cauliflower into florets and toss them with avocado oil and salt. Roast them until brown, about 20 minutes, depending on how big the florets are. Transfer the cauliflower to a large bowl and add buffalo sauce. Toss until each piece is covered.
- Bake the pizza crust. Use your favorite healthy pizza crust and follow the instructions on your package to cook it. You can make 1 large pizza or 2 personal size pizzas.
- Make the vegan ranch dressing. Whisk all of the ranch dressing ingredients together in a bowl until well combined.
- Sauce, slice, and serve! Pour your favorite Buffalo sauce on the pizza crust as the sauce, spreading all the way to the crust. Distribute the buffalo cauliflower evenly across the pizza crust(s). Add drizzles of ranch dressing and some sliced green onions. Slice into equal parts, and enjoy!
More healthy pizza recipes to try:
5-Minute Crispy Enchilada Tortilla Pizza
Butternut Squash, Kale, and Cranberry Pizza
Enjoy, and tag me if you make it on Instagram (@lizmoody)—I can’t wait to see!Print
Easy Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Pizza with Quick Ranch Dressing
Makes 1 large pizza or 2 personal pizzas
For the pizza:
- 1 box of your favorite healthy pizza dough mix
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1/2 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/4 + more of your favorite buffalo sauce
- 4 green onions, sliced
For the ranch dressing:
- 1 5.3-ounce container of unsweetened, plain dairy free yogurt of choice
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill (can substitute 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives (can substitute 1 teaspoon dried)
- Fine grain sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Break a head of cauliflower into florets and toss in a large bowl with the avocado oil and salt. Place on a baking sheet and roast for about 20 minutes, until brown. Once roasted, transfer them back to the large bowl and toss with buffalo sauce.
- Make your pizza crust of choice according to the package instructions. You can make one large pizza crust or two personal size pizza crusts.
- Make the quick ranch dressing by whisking together the yogurt, seasonings, and herbs in a bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the crust(s) are cooked through, spread the Buffalo sauce on the pizza crust all the way to the crust. Layer the buffalo cauliflower onto the crust(s), distributing evenly. Drizzle on the ranch dressing and sprinkle on sliced green onions. Slice into equal parts, and enjoy!