This Grain Free Gingerbread Cookie Skillet might be my new favorite holiday dessert (no offense to my Winter Spice Snickerdoodles or my Healthy Sugar Cookie Dough Bites). You just really can’t argue with the world’s best gingerbread, baked into a cookie skillet with crispy edges and an ooey gooey center.
This has so much flavor, and it’ll make your house smell AMAZING. It’s also grain free, optimally vegan, refined sugar free, and super simple to make (just one bowl needed!). I baked it in a 10” cast iron, but you can also use a 9×9 pan if you don’t have a cast iron. Just serve it warm and gooey, ideally with vanilla ice cream on top!
Want to know the best gingerbread baking secrets?
I like my gingerbread flavorful, and beyond the mix of spices, one of my secrets is orange zest. It makes it taste super gourmet, with a can’t-put-your-finger-on-it deliciousness, but if you want to leave it out, that’s fine too! Did you know that orange peel is actually more nutritious than the orange itself? The peel of the orange packs so much vitamin c, which benefits your heart and your overall health.
The other all star ingredient in this Grain Free Gingerbread Cookie Skillet? Allspice. You know that taste of the holidays that just feels warm? This is it. Allspice is actually another name for a Jamaican Pepper Plant. The dried, unripe berries of this plant provide amazing anti-inflammatory properties. So yes, this skillet will taste magical AND be good for you.
Enjoy, and tag me if you make it on Instagram (@lizmoody)—I can’t wait to see!Print
- 3/4 cup well-stirred unsalted creamy almond butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 pasture-raised egg (can substitute flax eggs)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Zest of one orange
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat the over to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Stir together all ingredients until smooth.
- Pour into a lightly greased 10” cast iron (if you use an 8” one or a 9×9” pan, that’s fine, you just will need to bake it a bit longer!).
- Spread out so it’s even, then bake until the edges are golden and the middle is just set (err on the side of under baking), about 30-35 min.
- Serve warm, with vanilla ice cream on top!
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: Grain Free Gingerbread Cookie Skillet, Gingerbread Cookie Skillet, Liz Moody Cookie Recipes