You probably knew deep down that I was going to have some holiday themed cookie dough bites, and you weren’t wrong. Per your request, I finally made a fully GRAIN FREE version of my cookie dough bites with these Healthy Sugar Cookie Dough Bites.
If you don’t have some of the ingredients, oat flour also still works if you have some leftover from the last batch of bites you made (maybe from the Healthy Brookie Batter Bites).
Your brain will really be thinking you’re eating regular cookie dough.
The Healthy Sugar Cookies Dough Bites taste JUST like sugar cookie dough, thanks to an abundance of vanilla and just a hint of almond extract. There are a few little tricks in the dough bites with these ingredients that up the health benefits:
Vanilla extract—using a LOT of vanilla tricks your brain into thinking you’re eating cookie batter because of that signature flavor. So use it generously!
Almond flour—I love using almond flour because in addition to being grain and gluten free, it’s unprocessed and maintains its healthy fat and fiber, making it super blood sugar-friendly.
Nut butter—this offers more healthy fat and protein, and gives a creamy, rich texture to the finished product. Almond butter is used in this recipe but this nutrition information stands across the nut butter family!
Keep some in your freezer so every day can be a festive one—they’re also a great treat to bring to holiday parties (or share the recipe to share virtually!).
Enjoy, and tag me if you make it on Instagram (@lizmoody)—I can’t wait to see!Print
- ½ cup unsalted almond butter
- 1.5 tablespoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract (use real almond extract, not artificial!)
- ¾ cup + 2 tablespoons blanched almond flour
- ⅛ teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- Sprinkles, to top
- Stir together all ingredients other than sprinkles in a bowl until well combined.
- Use a small cookie scoop to scoop onto a parchment-lined plate (different nut butters can be different consistencies—if the mixture is too dry to stick together in a ball well, add a bit more nut butter; if it’s too wet to hold it’s shape, add a bit more almond flour).
- Top with sprinkles and store in the freezer until you’re ready to eat.
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: Healthy Sugar Cookie Dough Bites, Sugar Cookie Dough Bites