I’m excited to welcome Dandapani to the podcast. Dandapani is a former monk, Hindu priest, and entrepreneur. After spending 10 years at a monastery in Hawaii, he now works with top world athletes, entrepreneurs, and companies, including Nike, McKinsey, and Bloomberg, helping them understand and leverage their minds. His TEDx talk on the power of focus has over 6.4 million views and his book The Power Of Unwavering Focus was released in early 2022. On this episode, we talk about:
- the benefits of living a focused life, from a former monk’s perspective
- the real cost of distraction on our relationships (that you might not be realizing)
- what everyone gets wrong about pursuing happiness
- the one thing you need to figure out to know what your purpose in life is
- pragmatic action steps for uncovering your life’s purpose
- an exact script for getting to know yourself better
- how to concentrate on whatever you WANT, and let go of things you don’t want to focus on
- a genius tip for building your ability to concentrate without adding any new tasks to your life
- the specific way to use social media to limit its negative impact on your brain
- three ways to develop more willpower
- the number one lesson he’s learned about living a meaningful life in years of being a monk & Hindu priest
- and so much more!
To enter the giveaway to be one of the 10 winners of Dandapani’s new book, The Power of Unwavering Focus, comment on my most recent post mentioning something you loved or learned from the episode, and follow me @lizmoody and Dandapani @dandapanillc on Instagram.
To join the Healthier Together Podcast Club Facebook group, go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/healthiertogetherpodcast.
This episode is sponsored by Seed. You can get 15% off your first month’s supply of Seed’s DS-01™ Daily Synbiotic by going to https://seed.com/daily-synbiotic and using the code LIZMOODY.
This episode is sponsored by AG1 by Athletic Greens. Visit athleticgreens.com/healthiertogether and get your FREE year supply of Vitamin D and 5 free travel packs today.
This episode is sponsored by Paleovalley. Head over to paleovalley.com and use the code LIZM for 15% off.
This episode is sponsored by Ritual. Get 10% off your first three months of Ritual when you visit ritual.com/healthier and add the Essential Protein to your order.
Healthier Together cover art by Zack. Healthier Together music by Alex Ruimy.