I’m so excited to welcome Dr. Robynne Chutkan to the podcast. Dr. Chutkan is a board-certified integrative gastroenterologist, microbiome expert, and author of four digestive health books: The Bloat Cure, The Microbiome Solution, Gutbliss, and most recently, The Antiviral Gut which comes out November 1st. She’s the founder of the Digestive Center for Wellness, an integrative gastroenterology practice dedicated to uncovering the root cause of GI disorders, and also serves as a faculty member at Georgetown University Hospital. On this episode, we talk about:
- why chronic disease rates are on the rise
- the one common thing that research shows makes you more likely to get viruses like COVID-19
- the secret to decreasing the impact of painkillers like Tylenol and Ibuprofen on your gut health
- how to optimize your circadian rhythm to optimize digestion & eliminate acid reflux
- exactly how to address acid reflux without using proton-pump inhibitors (PPIs)
- why you should stop buying fruit and veggie washes
- how to optimize your gut to balance your hormones
- how your gut health impacts seasonal allergies (+ how to fix it)
- what leaky gut really means, from a scientific perspective
- a doctor’s specific plan for healing leaky gut
- why a lot of the gut health tests give the wrong diagnosis (what to watch out for, and what to do instead)
- a doctor’s exact plan for before, during, and after getting sick
- a doctor-approved soup recipe to make when you’re sick
- why cancer rates are going up in young people + what to look out for
- and so much more!
We would LOVE to hear from you any thoughts, reactions, or takeaways you have as you’re listening, so definitely screenshot and tag me @lizmoody and Dr. Chutkan @gutbliss on Instagram.
To join the Healthier Together Podcast Club Facebook group, go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/healthiertogetherpodcast.
This episode is sponsored by Olive and June. If you want to try Olive and June for yourself and have mani’s that last over a week, visit oliveandjune.com/HEALTHIER20 for 20% off your first Mani System!
This episode is sponsored by Cymbiotika. Get 15% off using code LIZ at cymbiotika.com.
This episode is sponsored by Ava Jane’s Kitchen Colima Sea Salt. Go to HealthierTogetherSalt.com to get your first bag of Colima Sea Salt for free.
Healthier Together cover art by Zack. Healthier Together music by Alex Ruimy.