I’m so excited to kickstart a new series, which is all about healthy cooking secrets. Each time I do one of these episodes—and I’ll just sprinkle them in occasionally—I’ll invite on some of my favorite friends from the food world—influencers, chefs, cookbook authors—and I’ll grill them about all of their healthy cooking hacks and secrets.
On this episode Joanne Lee Molinaro from @thekoreanvegan shares:
- her trick to making a delicious, healthy dinner in under 15 minutes
- the three pillars to her health
- what she eats when training for a marathon as a vegan
- how she gets her protein and a wide variety of nutrients on a vegan diet
- why she switched from a paleo to vegan diet
- how her going vegan impacted her relationship with her korean family
- her 3 Korean secret ingredients to make any dish more flavorful
- her favorite make-ahead work lunch
- the easiest, most delicious pantry-staple meal
Then Justine E. from @justine_snacks gets into:
- her history of disordered eating and how it impacts her relationship with food now
- how she stopped being afraid of certain food groups
- why people are making oatmeal wrong (and how to do it right!)
- how to love tofu even if you think it’s gross
- the truth about air fryers
- why you should be adding corn starch to your cookies (and other baking science secrets)
- her favorite alternative baking flours
- the best secret to saving money on healthy food
- the 3 kitchen appliances that are worth the money and the 3 that are overrated
- what “impact minimizing” is and why it makes plant-based eating WAY easier
- her go-to work lunch
- a foolproof easy dinner for when you’re tired from a long workday
Finally, Anela Malik from @feedthemalik gets into:
- the secret to finding the best restaurants in any city
- how to pick the best menu item at restaurants
- what she learned about cooking living in the middle east
- her best tips for reducing food waste (even if you eat out a lot)
- how to make salads actually taste good
- her go-to weeknight dishes
- how to save money on healthy food
- the one food she preps when she’s feeling hangry
I can’t wait to hear your thoughts on the episode! Screenshot and tag me—I’m @lizmoody— and my guests and share your thoughts, feelings, and reactions. I’d also love to know any foodies you’d love to see on future episodes!
PS: Have you snagged my Foodie preset pack? You can get all 8 presets, designed to make your food pics look as good as they taste, at lizmoody.com/presets.
PPS: Healthier Together is officially a number one best-seller! You can get your copy on Amazon or at lizmoody.com/cookbook. Please keep sending me your creations on Instagram—they make me so happy!
This episode is sponsored by Organifi, the makers of my favorite caffeine-free energy drink, Red Juice. You can go to www.organifi.com/healthiertogether and use the code “healthiertogether” for 20% off your order.
This episode is also sponsored by Kyoto Botanicals, the first CBD brand I’ve recommended on this podcast! Right now, I’m loving their Warmth tincture, which has turmeric and cinnamon, and the Warmth balm, which is so helpful for headaches and sore muscles. You can get a whopping 25% off your order (AND they always have free shipping!) by using the code “HEALTHIERTOGETHER” at kyotobotanicals.com.
Healthier Together cover art by Zack. Healthier Together music by Alex Ruimy.
That’s so kind! Thank you! xo, Liz