My guest today is Lifeway Kefir CEO Julie Smolyansky. Julie has an incredible story—when she was just 27 years old her father died, and she took over the family business, becoming the youngest female CEO of a publicly traded firm. And she thrived, growing Lifeway Kefir from doing $12 million dollars in revenue to over $100 million dollars today. She’s been featured on Fortune’s 2014 40 under 40 list, and is just an entrepreneurial rockstar. On this episode, we talk about:
- the surprising silver linings to the pandemic for her business and her personal life
- the top mindset shift she recommends for entrepreneurs, and the top specific, actionable thing she thinks aspiring entrepreneurs should do today
- how to show up as your whole self at work (even with mental health struggles)
- how Joe Biden inspired her to come forward publicly as a sexual assault survivor
- finding joy through trauma
- why masturbation is one of her favorite forms of self-care
We’d both ove to hear your thoughts on the episode, so screenshot and tag me @lizmoody and Julie, who’s @juliesmolyansky on Instagram. Enjoy!
PS: My foodie preset pack is officially live. You can get all 8 presets, designed to make your food pics look as good as they taste, at lizmoody.com/presets.
This episode is sponsored by Lifeway Foods, makers of America’s best-selling brand of kefir.
Kefir has 12 different strains of live and active cultures and 25-30 billion Colony Forming Units (CFU), while the average yogurt can have anywhere from 1 to 5 strains with 6 billion CFU. Plus, it’s also up to 99% lactose-free. Lifeway Kefir comes in all sorts of delicious flavors, and they even have a dairy-free Plantiful line. Go to lifewaykefir.com and click “where to buy” to find a store that carries Lifeway near you!
Healthier Together cover art by Zack. Healthier Together music by Alex Ruimy.