Social worker and psychotherapist Merle Bombardieri shares her judgement-free tips for parenthood decision-making, even when you’re up against an unaligned partner, economic roadblocks, and infertility challenges.
- the number one question to ask yourself when deciding whether to have kids
- how to decide if you should have another kid, plus all of the myths about siblings versus only children
- the best age to become a parent
- the 3 biggest lies society tells us about having kids
- what to do if you don’t want kids now but you’re worried about infertility
- how to combat the high cost of having children (+ what to do if you don’t think you can afford them)
- how to factor worries like climate change, our political climate, & illness into your decision
- how much your relationship ACTUALLY suffers after becoming parents
- how much meaning and purpose childfree people vs parents experience
- exactly what to do if you disagree with your partner on having children (or how many to have)
- if not liking babies means you shouldn’t have one
- and so much more!
For more from Merle, check out her website thebabydecision.com and her book The Baby Decision: How to Make The Most Important Choice of Your Life. Check out the Reddit Fencesitter page here.
Check out our other Pros & Cons of Having Kids episodes: The Pros & Cons of Having Kids, and The 2nd Pros & Cons of Having Kids Episode: Pooping During Labor, The REAL Cost + Sex & Body Image After Birth
To join the Healthier Together Podcast Club Facebook group, go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/healthiertogetherpodcast.
This episode is sponsored by:
AG1 by Athletic Greens: visit athleticgreens.com/healthiertogether and get your FREE year supply of Vitamin D and 5 free travel packs today.
GreenPan: visit GreenPan.us and use code HEALTHIER30 to get 30% off your entire order plus free shipping on orders over $99.
LMNT: go to DrinkLMNT.com/Liz a to get a free LMNT sample pack with any order.
ZocDoc: go to ZocDoc.com/Liz and download the Zocdoc app for FREE and book a top-rated doctor today.
Healthier Together cover art by Zack. Healthier Together music by Alex Ruimy.