On today’s episode, I was lucky enough to chat with Mik Zazon. Mik is a writer, speaker, and creator. She’s the founder of the #normalizenormalbodies movement, and I’m just one of her hundreds of thousands of fans on Instagram, YouTube, and TikTok. On this episode we talk about:
- what hitting “rock bottom” looked like, and how it inspired her to completely change her content on social media
- her abusive relationship and how she found the strength to leave
- how she redefined what “healthy” looks and feels like after having orthorexia
- how therapy changed her and why specifically she thinks it’s worth the money
- how she learned to actually love her body, even as she gained weight
- how she deals with moments she feels LESS confident in her body
- her 8 concussions, and how they impacted her health and life
- the one thing she’s frustrated/insecure about as a content creator
- the relationship that caused PTSD, and how she finally got the strength to leave it—and get through the mental trauma it caused
- how she got through a huge identity crisis and the advice she’d have for other people having a hard time of letting go of an old identity
- her acne and accutane journey
- why she hates the messaging around “loving your body” and what she would tell people to do instead
- her autoimmune disease and how she’s fought for her diagnosis
- how she deals with the “why me?” feeling around her trauma and illnesses
- her best advice for someone who feels like they need to be in a small body to be considered worthy
- her experience with having bell’s palsy and COVID-19
I can’t wait to hear your feedback on this episode! Screenshot and tag me—I’m @lizmoody— and Mik (@mikzazon) and share your thoughts, feelings, and reactions.
PS: My foodie preset pack is officially live. You can get all 8 presets, designed to make your food pics look as good as they taste, at lizmoody.com/presets.
PPS: Healthier Together is officially a number one best-seller! You can get your copy on Amazon or at lizmoody.com/cookbook. Please keep sending me your creations on Instagram—they make me so happy!
This episode is sponsored by Lavva’s brand new Plant Based Milk. It’s some of my favorite plant milk I’ve ever tried—it’s super rich and creamy and made with pili nuts, which are a complete protein. Go to lovvelavva.com to find a retailer near you!
This episode is sponsored by Kyoto Botanicals, the first CBD brand I’ve recommended on this podcast! Right now, I’m loving their Warmth tincture, which has turmeric and cinnamon, and the Warmth balm, which is so helpful for headaches and sore muscles. You can get a whopping 25% off your order (AND they always have free shipping!) by using the code “HEALTHIERTOGETHER” at kyotobotanicals.com.
Healthier Together cover art by Zack. Healthier Together music by Alex Ruimy.