If you’re looking for a dessert that captures the essence of summer ☀️, I’ve got your back! These honeyed cardamom berry tartlets have a super easy-to-make grain-free base with creamy cardamom vanilla filling and honey-soaked fresh berries on top (edible flowers are optional but oh-so-cute).
They’re super easy to create and will make you the star of any summer backyard get together or even just in your own kitchen!
Cardamom?! What is this magical spice?
Cardamom is an amazing spice made from seed pods of a ton of different plants in the ginger family. Cardamom has a strong and sweet flavor and aroma, with notes of lemon and mint, which makes it very reminiscent of all things summery. I absolutely love using this ingredient!
This summery spice also has a ton of amazing health benefits. Cardamom has been shown to lower blood pressure due to its antioxidant and diuretic properties. It also has a ton of anti-inflammatory effects from compounds found in the spice.
A dessert that can help your blood pressure and fight inflammation?! Sign me up.
These honeyed cardamom berry tarts have a lot to thank bees for.
Every single ingredient in this dessert is made possible by pollinators like bees. Bees are CRITICAL to the pollination process, which involves moving pollen between different plants to create new baby plants—a key part of a plant’s life cycle.
In fact, pollinators are responsible for more than 35% of the foods we eat, including almonds, avocados, bananas, blueberries, cashews, dairy products, grapes, mangos, tequila (!!), vanilla, raspberries, blackberries, which is why it’s SO vital to protect them, and, if you’re me, thank them kindly whenever you see them.
To celebrate our bee friends, make this pollinator-filled tartlet!
Enjoy, and tag me if you make it on Instagram (@lizmoody)—I can’t wait to see!Print
These are so perfect for any summer celebration! You can make everything ahead, just store in the fridge separately & assemble before serving.
- 2 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter (or sub coconut oil, just make sure it’s solid!)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 egg white
- 8 oz unsweetened plain yogurt (coconut is fine too!)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 cup berries of choice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir together almond flour & salt, then use a fork to cut butter into the mixture until a rough sand texture forms. Add honey, ACV, egg white, and mix.
- Divide evenly between 12 greased muffin cups, then use your fingers to press into a tart shape.
- Bake for 10-12 min, until the edges are golden.
- Stir together the yogurt, honey, cardamom, and vanilla.
- When tarts are completely cool, fill with yogurt mix, then top with berries and an extra drizzle of honey!
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: summer berry tart, honeyed cardamom berry tart, grain free berry tart