Circadian neuroscientist tips for supporting a healthy circadian rhythm and dropping the habits that could be causing insufficient sleep, low energy, & chronic disease.
- what a circadian rhythm is and how it impacts our biology, our mental health, our relationships and more
- what the three chronotypes are & how to know which one you are
- how our chronotype changes as we age + why teenagers struggle with early wake ups
- how to change your body clock to fit your schedule
- how hormones + the menstrual cycle impact our circadian rhythm
- a simple way to hack your ability to wake up or fall asleep
- why you might wake up in the middle of the night + what to do about it
- what the research actually says about blue light blocking glasses
- how to hack your circadian rhythm to fight jet lag
- a genius way to feel more awake during the day
- the best sleep & circadian rhythm support tips for new parents + night shift workers
- the best times to eat, workout, take supplements & medicine, and more during the day
- and so much more!
For more from Dr. Foster, check out his book Life Time: The New Science of the Body Clock, and How It Can Revolutionize Your Sleep and Health and his work at the University of Oxford.
To join the Healthier Together Podcast Club Facebook group, go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/healthiertogetherpodcast.
This episode is sponsored by:
Osea: get 10% off your first order at oseamalibu.com with code LIZMOODY10.
RocketMoney: sign up for Rocket Money today by going to RocketMoney.com/LIZM.
ZocDoc: go to ZocDoc.com/Liz and download the Zocdoc app for FREE and book a top-rated doctor today.
GreenPan: visit GreenPan.us and use code HEALTHIER30 to get 30% off your entire order plus free shipping on orders over $99.
Healthier Together cover art by Zack. Healthier Together music by Alex Ruimy.