I’m excited to welcome Dr. William Li to the podcast. Dr. Li is an internationally renowned Harvard-trained medical doctor, researcher, and president and a founder of the Angiogenesis Foundation. His groundbreaking work has impacted more than seventy diseases including cancer, diabetes, blindness, and heart disease. His TED Talk, “Can We Eat to Starve Cancer?” has been viewed more than eleven million times, and he has appeared on CNN, MSNBC, NPR, and many more. His best-selling book, Eat to Beat Disease: The New Science of How Your Body Can Heal Itself, is available wherever books are sold. On this episode, we talk about:
- how much what we eat ACTUALLY impacts our body, according to science
- the effect of specific diets like keto and veganism on our health
- how much your genetics impact what you should be eating
- if the Blue Zones are scientifically valid
- what the research says about eating animal protein, seed oils, and fake meat
- the number one healthiest cooking oil
- a trick for buying the best olive oil at the grocery store
- the best food for supporting your metabolism
- what the research says about monk fruit, stevia, and other alternative “healthy” sugars
- if the sugar from fruit is really bad for us
- why inflammation in the body isn’t always a bad thing
- the best and worst foods to help prevent cancer, inflammation, Alzheimer’s, diabetes, and more
This episode is sponsored by AG1 by Athletic Greens. Visit athleticgreens.com/healthiertogether and get your FREE year supply of Vitamin D and 5 free travel packs today.
This episode is sponsored by Wild Health. Go to wildhealth.com/liz or use code LIZ for 20% off.
This episode is sponsored by Grove Collaborative. Visit grove.com/lizm and get a free gift set up to $50 when you make your first order.
Healthier Together cover art by Zack. Healthier Together music by Alex Ruimy.