This Healthy Birthday Cake Batter Milkshake is SO fun and shockingly easy to make—you essentially make a birthday cake batter from a few simple ingredients. Half of it turns into birthday cake batter balls, and the other half gets blended with hemp hearts, some frozen cauliflower, and a banana. The Healthy Birthday Cake Batter Milkshake gets its distinctive yellow cake batter vibe from a tiny dash of almond extract (an old chef secret)!
This Healthy Birthday Cake Batter Milkshake will make you want to celebrate!
You don’t need to wait for a celebration to open a good bottle of wine because simply opening it creates the celebration. And you definitely don’t need to have a birthday to celebrate yourself or make yourself this sprinkle-filled Healthy Birthday Cake Batter Milkshake 🎉 (OR this Healthy Birthday Cake Latte)!
It’s healthy enough to eat for a very festive breakfast and festive enough to have as a healthy dessert.
Healthy ingredients make this milkshake great for any occasion.
This milkshake has some star ingredients that make this satisfying treat healthy enough to have for breakfast (yes, breakfast!). Here are the healthy ingredients and why I love them:
- Hemp hearts—they provide protein and give the milkshake it’s creaminess! Fun fact: hemp hearts are considered a complete protein source (which is hard to find with plant protein). This just means that they provide all the essential amino acids that your body needs.
- Frozen cauliflower—this makes for the milkshake-like texture AND gets you another “hidden” serving of veggies.
- Banana—it’s used for sweetness and overall texture.
Enjoy, and tag me if you make it on Instagram (@lizmoody)—I can’t wait to see!Print
- 1/3 cup creamy unsalted cashew or almond butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/8 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles
- 1 – 2 cups milk of choice (start with 1 and add more as needed to blend!)
- 2 cups frozen cauliflower
- 1/4 cup hulled hemp hearts
- 1 frozen banana
- Stir together nut butter, vanilla, almond extract, maple syrup, almond flour, and sea salt until a dough forms (it’ll be thick, use your hands!).
- Divide in half.
- To one half, mix in 2 tablespoons of sprinkles, then roll into balls the size of the chunks you find in cookie dough ice cream.
- Add the other half to a blender and blend with milk, cauliflower, hemp hearts, and banana until smooth.
- Pulse in the remaining 2 sprinkles until it’s distributed but not fully blended.
- Pour into two glasses. Stir in/top with birthday cake chunks!
Keywords: healthy birthday cake batter milkshake, birthday cake batter milkshake