You may be one of the people who’s been invested in this saga in my Instagram Stories, if so you’ll appreciate how good nailing this loaf finally felt! If you haven’t followed my Instagram Stories, don’t worry, you can still enjoy this INCREDIBLE Healthy Starbucks Pumpkin Loaf. Trust me when I say it’s better than the original.
I tried to perfect the Healthy Starbucks Pumpkin Loaf recipe six times (!), a record only matched by some of my cookbook recipes, but I’m SO happy with the final result.
Want to know how to perfect the loaf?
The secret to getting the pumpkin loaf just right is to reduce the pumpkin purée over the stove until it’s WAY less watery, concentrating the pumpkin flavor and ensuring a loaf that’s moist but not WET.
Beyond that, we have my favorite unsalted creamy almond butter for more of that moist texture (I’m sorry if you hate the word, but that’s what the Starbucks loaf is—crazy moist) and a blend of allspice and pumpkin pie spice for that beautiful, bright flavor.
Watch it being made!
Enjoy, and tag me if you make it on Instagram (@lizmoody)—I can’t wait to see!Print
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin purée
- 1 cup unsalted creamy almond butter (make sure it’s well stirred!)
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 3 eggs, ideally pasture-raised
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3 teaspoons allspice
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a non stick small pot over medium-low, reduce the pumpkin purée, stirring regularly, for about 20 minutes, until its a half a cup (it’ll stick to your pot for sure, just soak it for 10 min to clean).
- Add the reduced 1/2 cup pumpkin purée to a bowl with all remaining ingredients except for the pepitas.
- Stir until well combined, then scoop into a parchment-lined loaf pan.
- Top with pepitas and bake for one hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for at least 20 min in pan before slicing. Enjoy!
Keywords: healthy starbucks pumpkin loaf