Lindsay Kite, PhD discusses how to build a more resilient body image to become more comfortable with your body, how media objectifies women’s bodies, how to healthily engage with aesthetics like botox, hair dye, and makeup, and more.
- how to balance the positive reinforcement you get for losing weight or looking a certain way with not wanting to focus on looks
- concrete action steps for becoming more comfortable with your body
- media literacy secrets to recognize the secret messages infiltrating your brain
- an intermittent media fasting prescription that will change your life
- critical steps to make sure kids view beauty and objectification differently
- the insidious campaign that made women view cellulite as a problem
- how to view aesthetic modification like Botox, hair dye, makeup, and plastic surgery
- how to set wellness goals that aren’t connected to body image
- pragmatic action steps to find self-value OUTSIDE of how you look
- a game plan for tricky moments including: feeling self-conscious during sex, trying on clothes that don’t fit or don’t look good, when you go out with a friend who’s getting all the attention, and more
- how to navigate the postpartum period
- how to actually stop comparing yourself to other people
- a script for telling others to stop talking about your body–even when they think they’re complimenting you
- and so much more!
For more from Lindsay, visit Beauty Redefined on Instagram @beauty_redefined or Beauty Redefined’s website www.morethanabody.org. Lindsay and Lexie Kite’s book, More Than A Body: Your Body Is an Instrument, Not an Ornament is available for purchase as well as the newly released companion Official Workbook for More Than a Body: Daily Practices for Building Body Image Resilience in a Looks-Obsessed World.
To join The Liz Moody Podcast Club Facebook group, go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/thelizmoodypodcast.
Ready to uplevel every part of your life? Order my new book 100 Ways to Change Your Life: The Science of Leveling Up Health, Happiness, Relationships & Success now!
This episode is sponsored by:
AG1: visit drinkag1.com/lizmoody and get your FREE year supply of Vitamin D and 5 free travel packs today.
Natural Cycles: use code Liz or go to naturalcycles.app/Liz to get 15% off an annual subscription + a free thermometer.
Open: get 30 days free of Open by visiting withopen.com/LIZMOODY
Pet Honesty: go to PetHonesty.com/LIZ to get 25% off your first purchase.
Athletic Brewing: use code LIZM to get 15% off your first order at athleticbrewing.com.
Previous episodes referred to in this episode:
The Liz Moody Podcast cover art by Zack. The Liz Moody Podcast music by Alex Ruimy.
Formerly the Healthier Together Podcast.