Dr. Julie Schwartz Gottman and Dr. John Gottman discuss their research surrounding couple’s therapy, relationships, and how to fight positively with your partner.
- How having quality relationships can extend your life by 17 years
- The 3 fighting styles & how to know which one you fall into
- The 5:1 ratio you need to follow to have a successful fight with your partner
- How to know if your relationship is healthy or unhealthy (& whether or not unhealthy relationships can change!)
- The number one thing to never say in a fight
- What the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse are & why they ruin relationships
- Why you only have 3 minutes to create a successful fight
- The Gottmans’ surprising thoughts on Love Languages
- An exercise to build more trust and happiness into your relationship
- What to do when a fight isn’t resolvable (and how to know when to break up)
- And so much more
For more from The Gottmans, you can visit The Gottman Institute on Instagram at @gottmaninstitute or online at www.gottman.com. You can purchase their newest book, Fight Right: How Successful Couples Turn Conflict Into Connection online or wherever you buy books.
To join The Liz Moody Podcast Club Facebook group, go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/thelizmoodypodcast.
Ready to uplevel every part of your life? Order my new book 100 Ways to Change Your Life: The Science of Leveling Up Health, Happiness, Relationships & Success now!
This episode is sponsored by:
Pet Honesty: go to PetHonesty.com/LIZ to get 25% off your first purchase.
LMNT: go to DrinkLMNT.com/LizMoody a to get a free LMNT sample pack with any order.
Seed: go to seed.com/lizmoody and use code LIZMOODY for 25% off your first month.
Osea: get 10% off your first order at oseamalibu.com with code LIZMOODY10.
Previous episodes referred to in this episode:
The Liz Moody Podcast cover art by Zack. The Liz Moody Podcast music by Alex Ruimy.
Formerly the Healthier Together Podcast.