Please, please, please put homemade winter lattes on your to-try list this season! You’re going to be obsessed.
One of my favorite indulgent moments of the holidays is ordering a hot Peppermint White Chocolate Latte from the coffee shop. It’s basically heaven, with rich white chocolate meeting the perfect duo of peppermint syrup and steamed milk. It’s a cup filled with pure holiday cheer and literally so much refined sugar that I’m practically unwell for the rest of the day.
This healthy holiday latte recipe captures ALL the magic of my winter coffee shop dreams but in a WAY better-for-you, caffeine-optional latte. I personally enjoy this drink caffeine-free because caffeine has been shown to bring on feelings of panic attacks and so much more. So this is a great drink to have as a night-time treat, but you could also make it caffeinated and have it in the morning by adding coffee to it! If you’re interested in using delicious foods to help reduce anxiety, check out my 1-Week Anti-Anxiety Meal Plan! It’s all the guidance and recipes that I wish someone had given me during the peak of my anxiety.
Now, back to this heavenly White Chocolate Peppermint Latte’s health benefits. It gets its white chocolate flavor from cacao butter, which is essentially the oil from the cacao bean. Cacao is shown to have SO many wonderful health benefits for cardiovascular health, inflammation, metabolism, and is suggested to even prevent against diseases like cancer. If you try this recipe and love it as much as I hope you do, check out my other healthy lattes like my peanut butter cup latte, lemon meringue latte, carrot cake latte and churro latte.Print
White Chocolate Peppermint Latte (Refined Sugar-Free, Dairy-Free)
- 2 cups unsweetened, dairy-free milk of choice
- 3 1″ square pieces or 4 tablespoons melted raw cacao butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed collagen (optional)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch of fine grain sea salt
- In a small pot, warm the milk and the raw cacao butter over medium heat until it’s warm but not scalding hot.
- Put the warm liquid into a blender with the honey, peppermint extract, collagen, vanilla, and sea salt.
- Blend until frothy. Then, pour the mixture into a mug and garnish with holiday sprinkles.