This Lemon Meringue Latte is seriously my new favorite member of the Liz Moody Lattes Club (yes, that is a thing— see my Peanut Butter Cup Latte and my Healthy Birthday Cake Latte!)—the flavor is so unique and utterly delicious AND it’s dairy-free.
It’s made with unsweetened vanilla almond milk, which is perfect for anyone trying to eat healthier in the new year, and tastes AMAZING—it’s truly so creamy and that vanilla flavor is ✨chef’s kiss✨.
The benefits of almond milk are endless.
For anyone looking to decrease their dairy intake or go completely dairy-free, nut milk in general is an absolute lifesaver. Almond milk not only tastes great but is super low in sugar and high in vitamin E which can help with inflammation (amongst a host of other health benefits).
Fun fact: did you know almond milk has 50% MORE calcium than dairy milk on average?
Warm up with this quick drink!
This Lemon Meringue Latte takes only about 5 minutes (you just warm the almond milk in a pan and chuck in your other ingredients) and has become my go-to when I want something sweet, cozy, and blood sugar-friendly after dinner. I add in some grass-fed gelatin for extra protein, but you can totally leave that out.
I seriously CANNOT WAIT for you to try this Lemon Meringue Latte—you’re going to love it. Enjoy, and tag me if you make it on Instagram (@lizmoody)!Print
- 2 cups of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Zest of 2 lemons (don’t use the juice!)
- 2 tablespoons of almond butter
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 1” squares of cacao butter
- A pinch of fine grain sea salt
- 1 tablespoon of gelatin (optional)
- Pinch of turmeric (optional but gives it the pretty light-yellow color )
- Warm all ingredients in a pot over medium-low until almost boiling.
- Blend until frothy; pour into a glass and enjoy!
You can add the juice of your leftover lemons to sparkling water for a fun little lemonade!
Keywords: dairy-free lemon meringue latte, lemon meringue latte